Decision-Alternate Ending | Eren x Reader

Prompt- Angst ending to Decision | Eren x Reader

Armin and Mikasa searched. They spent days asking and looking for you until finally they got the news.

They had ran into a friend of yours, who of which informed them of your passing.

It was a cold case, a murder with the petty motive of status. They robbed you, stole everything from your home and off your body. It didn't matter though, you'd never need it. The incident had killed you.

Armin and Mikasa trekked back to Eren, neither of them wanting to tell him but know they'd have to eventually.

Time passed too quickly for them and soon they were standing infront of Erens cell.

"Eren." Mikasa brought his attention to them. "We um... we have some news." She informed him.

"Is it about Y/n? Have you found her? Is she here?"

"Eren, Y/n she... she's dead." Armin said, barely keeping his composure.

Eren, however, was the opposite. He was frozen. Nothing moving and nothing happening. His eyes begged to blink and his lungs screamed for air yet he couldn't move.

He could do nothing.

He barely heard Mikasa say something about giving him privacy before he was left alone, taking a few more moments of nothingness before everything crashed.

His legs gave out as his lungs breathed in air, his eyes tearing not only for the lack of blinking. He was sobbing. Even when he regained his breath he continued to sob, screaming and making his throat and vocal cords hurt but he didn't care. He continued to wail.

He tried to refuse what they had said but he knew it wasn't any good. It wouldn't reverse the truth.

He continued to bawl for hours, never resting or taking a break.

This was all his fault. If he hadn't been such and idiot and listened to you, maybe you would be alive. Maybe instead you would've been safe and protected in his arms instead of at home, alone.

He continued to overthink and blame your death on himself, seeing every angle and coming to the conclusion that he was at fault.

He had taken you for granted, and now you were really gone.

Perhaps if you were alive, even if you didn't want to see him, he could've help Paradis again. He would've helped the scouts create peace and end the war- all because he wasn't just protecting the island, he was protecting you. He could've lived happily knowing that his actions were saving you but now... he couldn't. He didn't protect you and now even if he wanted to he couldn't. There was no point. If anything, he'd be saving the people who killed you.

Armin came back the next day, sitting against the wall while peering at Eren through the bars.

"I want to know what happened." Eren requested.

"Are you sure? I-"

"Tell me."

Armin sighed.

"It was a robbery. The perpetrators broke though a window and shot her. They stole everything and left."

"Did she die quickly?" Eren asked, his head shooting up to glare at Armin.

"Eren I-"

"Did she die quickly?!" Eren yelled, slamming his hand on the wall next to him.

"No... the wound was in her stomach. She suffered for atleast 10 minutes before going unconscious and even then she was probably alive for another 5." Armin admitted, doing his best to not sob at the remembrance of that fact.

Eren didn't say anything, doing his best to not cry again.

It didn't work though, he started sobbing again although this time he was silent. He didn't scream or wail loudly like last time. Now he felt numb and to him, it was worse.

It felt like intense pressure in his chest, targeting his heart. His mouth opened to scream but nothing came out and the pressure got worse. He started to practically choke himself, unable to stop his silent screams.

Armin watched all the while, starting to crying too.

The two boys sat in silence together, the only interruption being their sniffles, mourning their loss.

A comrade. A friend. A loved one. A girlfriend. A lover.

Gone.

a/n-

MANGA SPOILERS FOR MY NOTE BELOW- SCROLL IF YOUR AN ANIME ONLY- UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW IN THAT CASE PLEASE DONT BLAME ME-
ik that eren technically doesn't believe in the euthanization plan and all but for the sake of this story he does- also please don't put anything in the comments without proper warnings- i will sadly have to delete your comment if you don't

ok the manga spoilers are over

extra-
Also- there's nothing wrong with being an anime only (although the aot fandom is pretty bad at not spoiling so you already probably know more even if you didn't read it).

i was also anime only until like a week ago lol and i just finished it a few days ago but anyway- i've seen a lot of hate towards anime onlys- thankfully none in my book- but know your comment(s) will be deleted and you will be blocked.

and for those who hate/bully anime onlys- know that the every chapter but like the last 5 were made when i only watched the anime- get fucked lol

but for everyone else- i love all of you so much and thank you for your support. I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. stay safe darling<3

do you like soda? if so what's your favorite type?
[Mines Dr. Pepper]

double side note- like literally only one person wanted an angst ending (which is cool, i'm totally fine w it and i asked anyway- thankyou for those that answered:) ) so i decided to tag them cause they're pretty much the reason for this chapter lol
that being said this was a request by GiacintoViola

your so beautiful<3