I Love You Always | Levi x (Trans)(Male) Reader

Prompt- Reader comes out to Levi as a man
M/n- Masculine name (Your Choice)

It's that anxious feeling everyone gets. Some get it at the top of a rollercoaster, others when they turn in a test. You had experienced this before but it dulled in comparison to now. Your palms felt slick with sweat as you tried to steady your heart and breathing. It's okay. We're gonna be okay. You reassured yourself. You had nothing to fear... except everything.

How would he react?

That million-dollar question weighed in your mind like a tornado, destroying all thoughts as it spun and spun. You didn't give yourself time to think, immediately raising your hand up to knock on your boyfriend's door. A monotone 'come in' was your response as you lightly opened the door, stepping in and closing it behind you. Levi's eyes glanced up from his paperwork, almost looking back down before he recognized that it was you there and not another cadet.

"Oh. Y/n. What are you doing here?" He ask, disregarding what he was working on. "Is something wrong?" His eyebrow slightly quirked in concern.

"N-No. I just wanted to um... well you see I..." Damnit just talk! "I wanted to talk with you. About something personal."

"Okay?" His eyes narrowed in confusion as he urged you to go on, setting down the pen in his hand and turning his attention fully to you.

"W-well you see I've done some thinking a-and after a lot of consideration I've come to the conclusion thatimaboy." You rushed out, squeezing your eyes shut as if to hide you from the world. Levi walked around his desk, now standing straight in front of you.

"You're a boy?" His tone wasn't condescending nor mocking, it was as if he was confirming a time.

"Yeah." You let out a breath, unclenching your eyes in relief. "I-I've thought about it a lot and I've come to realize that I'm not a girl. I don't feel or want to act like a girl. I think I was put in the wrong body and I don't like it. I want to be a boy." Levi didn't say anything for a moment as you began to fear the worse. Then, like the sun shining through the clouds, he spoke.

"You are a boy. It's okay to be a boy. If you feel like a boy then be one, your still Y/n to me. I still love you."

"Really?"

"Yes. Of course. Your gender does nothing to change who you are as a person. I fell in love with you Y/n. Not what you identify with. This doesn't change how I feel about you." His words lifted a heavy weight off you, one that felt liberating once it was gone.

"I'm so happy. I-I was so scared that you wouldn't accept me or would-"

"Shh." Levi hushed as he pulled you into a hug. "You don't have to worry about that now. I love and accept you in any form. I mean it, I truly love you. " He kissed the top of your head for a moment as you, in that moment felt more loved than ever. When he finally released you he stepped back. "So, have you thought about transitioning or maybe a name change? I know this doesn't have to be decided now but I was just wondering."

"I actually was thinking about transitioning but I'm not completely sure yet. As for names I was thinking M/n? Do you like it?"

"It suits you." He smiled. "You know I'll be here for you all the way, right? I'm someone you can lean on and I'm always here for you? I know my reputation and... demeanor... may make it a little hard but I truly do care M/n. I love you, always."

"I know." You whispered as you pressed your foreheads together.  "I love you always too."

a/n- ALL bodies - transitioned and not - A R E    V A L I D. Coming out isn't easy and can be pretty messy - regardless it is valid. you don't need a script to come out- you should do it when you feel ready and don't let anyone tell you otherwise<3
this is shorter than i wanted but i didn't want to ruin it by forcing it to be longer
(also Levi is def a supporter by default cause he doesn't care what anyone does)

this was a request by KenmasKarma

please remember to love yourself<3