Insane | Armin x Reader

Prompt- Reader meets a 'Karen' and Armin stands up for her

*Armin's a tiny bit out of character because I added like a 'Kuudere' side of him so that he's super protective in a sense*

~Aged up (late teens)

The days that you and Armin spent together were always pleasant and comfortable, doing simple things together was always on the agenda when possible and neither of you could pass down the opportunity. Some days you just laid in bed while others you spent doing random things. Some had little tasks or adventures you want to do. Honestly, every day was different and both of you loved it. Today you had decided to checkout a new bakery in the town next to the Scout HQ, hearing many praises from friends and comrades about it and deciding it would be a wonderful adventure for you to experience with your love. So, the two of you set out just after dawn, sitting behind Armin on the horse as he lead the horse down the road. Your arms wrapped around his torso to hold on, enjoying the heat that came with it as the horse galloped down the dirt and gravel roads.

It didn't take long for you to arrive and before you knew it Armin was offering you a hand to get off the animal. You thanked him of course before looking at the bakery in front of you. It was quaint, a shade of light brown and the smell of sweet dough coming from it even with the closed doors. Armin held your hand as you walked inside, the smell intensifying to even more intricacy as more sweets joined the intoxicating air. Not many people were in the shop, a few in line and a few others scattered at tables. Overall it was peaceful, light chatter made it feel very homely in a way. After looking at the menu and deciding what to get, you and Armin got in line. You watched as people went about their lives, chatting and doing other things like read and more. The line moved slowly, though you were in no rush, giving you time to inspect and awe at the decorations. You used Armin as a guide, not even looking away to the line when you felt him pull forward through his hand.

This went on for about 5 minutes before a noise erupted your gazing and you looked to the source. Someone had accidentally dropped a plate, the customer and waiter worked to pick it up. At the same time Armin pulled forward, making you take a step to follow him. However, you were meet with a block, making you gasp as you stumbled backwards. Armin was quick to steady you, putting an arm behind you and pulling your hand to his chest to keep you upright. Immediately, you saw a women in front of you start to fume.

"What the hell is your problem?!" She screeched, catching the attention of everyone faster than the dropped plate.

"I-I'm sorry ma'am, I wasn't paying attention. Are you okay?" She scoffed at your apology.

"Well maybe pay attention then, huh?! You ran into me and nearly caused me to fall down! This is outrageous! You people need to learn respect!"

"I said I was sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." You urged softly.

"Sorry doesn't do anything! I still could've gotten hurt!" She continued to banter. "I want compensation! I shouldn't have to pay for my food! You should buy me my items as a way of apologizing!"

"I don't have enough money on me for that I-"

"Then kick her out! She's clearly a nuisance and I won't tolerate it! She doesn't deserve to stay he-"

"No. She doesn't deserve to deal with you. She apologized sincerely and it was an accident. You need to calm down and get over yourself, because unless you own this place you have absolutely no authority to remove us because you can't think for two fucking seconds and consider the possibility that she didn't mean to. So you can either apologize to her now or move on with your life and torment other people because if the next words that come out of your mouth aren't 'I'm sorry' i'll personally make sure that you won't have a tongue to berate anyone with again. Maybe then in silence you'll think about your actions and realize that you're being a bitch."

Armin, who watched from your side quietly now spoke up, his defense of you shocking the women into speechlessness as Armin's hold on your hand tightened and he pulled you closer to him, the women gapping at him like a fish. Armin, with your fingers still interlocked, held up his pointer finger and spun it in a circle.

"Come on now, make a decision. I want to get this over and done with already." His tone was flat and void of fear or humor, promising to follow through with his threat.

The women huffed before she stormed out, the entire shop watching as she did. Immediately you felt an embarrassed, having caused a scene made you feel awkward.

"Don't worry about her love, she's a cranky old woman who'll bite the bullet eventually." His tone held humor and reassurance now as he smiled down at you, promise and love in his eyes.

"I can't believe you said that to her.' You breathed, remembering Armin's threat. He smiled almost in a wicked way.

"I've helped Hange do it to titans, i'm sure she would've been no different." He mused in fake thought as you chuckled.

"You're insane. You know that right?" You said between laughs as he smiled, glad that you were feeling better.

"Yeah yeah." He dismissed playfully, pulling you forward. "We'll talk about that later. For now, I want my muffin!"

The two of you got your treats and sat down together at a unoccupied table. Hours passed in minutes as you enjoyed your day with Armin, feeling as though nothing could bring you down with him by your side.

a/n- y'all i'm back from my vacation! i had this idea while away and wanted to insert a little insane armin into it lol. also, i've realized that i either use too much or too little description for things and i'm sorry lol

how are you?

you look beautiful<33