Opinion | Niccolo x (Eldian) Reader

Prompt- Eldian Reader has a crush on Niccolo

His blonde hair swayed with his movements as he shook the pan lightly, making sure not to splash its contents everywhere. You sat in your usual spot, near the middle of the counter on the other side of a larger counter that separated the restraint from the kitchen, watching and admiring him as he worked. You had started doing this a couple months ago when he first arrived. Your tried to convince yourself it was just to check out the new restaurant in town but by the third time you went, you knew you were just kidding yourself.

Still, you came almost every other day to watch the handsome man work. You knew from his name tag the he was called Niccolo and that he was from an internment zone in Marley. Still, you wondered more about him. What was he like? He was usually polite when delivering food yet it seemed almost forced.

Niccolo's POV

She sat at the counter again, watching me as I cooked. She was rather pretty and kind yet something nagged at me, I couldn't get over the fact that she was an eldian born on this island. A devil. She ordered a variety of different things almost every day and watched me as I made it. Part of me thought it was because she wanted to make sure I didn't poison it or something but another part of me knew it was for an entirely different reason all together. As I plated her food and brought it out to her I could see her fight a smile. Weird. I stood a couple feet away and lead against the counter and kept thinking about talking to her. What would I say? The silence felt awkward and before I even had the chance to make a plan, she spoke up.

"Your really good."

Her sentence didn't make sense and she must've seen my confusion before elaborating.

"At cooking, I mean. It's amazing. Who taught you?"

"Oh um my mother."
(a/n idk if this is correct so someone tell me and i'll change it)

She nodded and continued to eat.

"You come here a lot. Why?"

"Because your cute. And because your foods good."

Her straight-forwardness was shocking. I wasn't expecting that answer. I could feel my face heat up as i stuttered to find a reply.

"I-uh thank you I um-"

She chuckled before answering.

"Don't worry about it. I know it's hard to find an answer to that."

I nodded while she continued to eat. A couple minutes later she finished and began to talk to me again.

"So will you go out with me?" She asked hopefully.

"What? No, your a devil." Was my immediate response.

Her features saddened as she looked down.

"Oh." He voice was soft and I could tell she was tearing up.

"I didn't mean it like that- well I did but.... maybe we could become friends first?"

"Why would you want to be friends with a devil like me?" she said sarcastically but I knew that the words hurt her to say.

"Well it's not my fault I was taught that everyone inside the walls were evil and terrible people."

"Your inside the walls."

"What?"

"Your inside the walls now. Are you evil?"

"No but I-"

"Doesnt matter. People need to have their own opinions, not what someone tells them."

Her words made sense yet I still couldn't wrap my head around what she was saying.

"Do I look evil to you?"

"No."

"Do I act evil?"

"No."

"Then what would make you think that i'm a devil?"

"Because the Maryleans sa-"

"No Niccolo. Not their opinions. Yours. In your opinion am I a devil?"

"No."

I mumbled out my replies. I was ashamed. She could be mad at what I said and called her yet she explained it to me. She was right. She nor anyone else in the walls were truly devils.

"I'm sorry." Now I was the one sad.

"No don't be, it's not your fault. Plus, now you know better."

"Yeah but-"

"If you really want to make it up for me how about a date? Right here, you'll cook."

"Okay."

Two days later you and Niccolo had your date, he cooked all day and made you an amazing meal and was extremely happy when he saw that you liked it.

The dates continued after that, twice a week and a new dish every time. And a few month later, he asked you to be his girlfriend. Of course you said yes and after that you spent nearly every free moment together. Some days he'd let you into the kitchen with him to talk while he cooked and others you would roam around until it got dark. Life felt smoother and like it fit better with him by your side. One night the two of you had found a field and laid in it, stargazing side by side with your hands intertwined on the grass.

"I love you." Niccolo said while turning to see your face. You did the same and smiled.

"I love you too, Niccolo."

a/n- i am SO sorry if this sucks tbh i haven't met Niccolo too much but i did my best and i think this is kinda cute? idk. let me know if you like it.

this was a request made by ConnieSpringersWifey

remember to vote and comment as you please and i'd also love it if you would consider following me?

ALSO- to tag people i have to follow them so please don't take it personally if i follow you and then unfollow you- it was me tagging you in the story you requested :)

i wish for whoever reading this to find what their missing in life. <3