Sniffles and Warm Baths | Levi x (Sick) (Borrower) Reader

Prompt- reader is a borrower and gets sick, levi helps take care of her

Borrowers are getting basically little people that live in the walls of human houses and take small things to help survive

Also sorry because some of this is out of character for Levi, I just thought it was still cute

"Are you sure everything is okay?" I'm not so-"

"ACHOO!"

"...Sure." Levi finished, a small sigh escaping his lips.

You laid snuggled under a napkin, your tiny nose and cheeks beet red. Levi ran his fingers through his hair, this brain furiously trying to find a solution just inches below. He was stressed, to say the least. He had no idea what to do. Sure he could take care of someone who was sick but he couldn't be sure if you were different or not. Your body looked human enough but so did titans and they definitely had nothing in common with them other than looks.

"Do I get you medicine? A hot bath? Maybe a docter- DO THEY HAVE DOCTORS FOR YOU?!"

"Levi, panic doesn't look good on you. Just calm down. I'll be fine."

"Like it's so easy. What if you die? It'll be all my fault. I don't want to lose you." Levi continued to ramble, tugging on the stands of his hair once again. He continued to do this for a while until suddenly he gasped, "I've got it!"

"And that's why we're here." Levi grumbled, gesturing to you on the table.

"Hmm." Armins brow furrowed, concentration clear on his face. "She's definitely... new. It's strange that we haven't discovered them earlier. What's her name?"

"I'm Y/n- ACHOO!"

"And remind me again why you didn't go to Hange-?"

"Cause four-eyes would experiment and freak out and I would never get her calm enough so do make any real progress. But that doesn't matter now fix her."

"I'm not sure I can fix her captain. A-and to be totally honest i'm not sure where to even start. I mean she's an entirely different species and-"

"So there's nothing? Nothing at all?" Levi asked, exasperated.

"Well... there might be one thing..." Armin trailed.

"What is it?" Levi asked immediately.

Armin sighed, "You just... have to trust me, okay?" Levi nodded, before asking what he was going to do. "I need you to lay her down on her back. I've read a bunch of anatomy books so maybe I can try to determine if she's close to us internally, then maybe we can treat her like a human.

Levi nodded, his slim fingers gently picking you up while supporting your head, delicately laying you down as Armin said to. After you were in the correct position Armin moved closer.

"I should've thought this through more." he mumbled before using two fingers to ever so gently touch your stomach. He moved slowly, focusing on what he felt. He did this for a little while, feeling gently. Finally, when he was finished he placed a single finger over the middle of your chest.

"Okay." Armin said, sitting up straight to think for a moment while Levi gently picked you up and cradled you in his hand. "I think she's close enough. I can't be completely sure because it's so small and.... either way we have to do something. I can figure out how much medicine she needs and... I don't know... give you instructions?" Armin questioned, he didn't want to make his superior uncomfortable by suggestion that he was telling him what to do.

"Sounds good." Levi said, not even phased or noting the tone of Armins voice.

Truth was he hadn't looked up, he had been staring intently at you the whole time. Armin handed him a piece of paper and a medicine bottle.

"Just follow these and she should be okay."

Levi hastily thanked him before rushing off to his room with you in his kind hold. When he got to his room he slammed the door quickly before swiftly laying you on a pillow on his bed. He took a T-shirt of his out of a drawer and draped it over you, leaving only your head leaking out. He quickly nodded before grabbing the note Armin had given him.

Keep warm
Give medicine every couple hours- two to three drops each
REST
WATER
And non-inflaming foods such as gentle soup, bread, and crackers
NO STRONG TEXTURES OR TASTES
And make sure she stays clean

She should be better in a few days

Levi didn't question the paper, immediately getting to work on fetching water and food.

A few days had passed and Levi didn't leave your side, Erwin had brushed it off and let him stay home from a mission and skip training because he believed Levi was going through something and would be back in no time. Sure enough he was going through something but it wasn't what he would ever expect. Levi had been dripping with worry for the past few days and had reread the letter almost every hour- wanting to follow the instructions to the letter. Finally, he decided to do the one thing he had neglected. A bath. It was strange. He wasn't sure what to expect. You had told him numerous times that you could do it on your own but horrible images of you slipping made him shut that idea down immediately. Finally, with much reluctance, he gathered a warm bowl of water, bar of soap, and a wash cloth. He looked away while you undressed, though it would amount to nothing seeing as he would see it later. He turned back around as you slipped into the bowl of water, a slight gasp leaving him. You body was basically a tiny version of a woman's, that wasn't what made him gasp though. A bunch of scars littered the span of your body, not diminishing your beauty but still leaving Levi concerned.

"Oh- these? Don't worry. They're from when I was living in the walls. Rats and woodrot can lead to dangerous situations. But don't worry, i'm fine now. And i'd really just like to wash up, okay?"

"Okay." he whispered, pushing aside his worry for the task at hand.

He was good at doing that, putting aside his own needs for another persons, deciding to focus on the task and shut down any unneeded motions.

He let you soak for a while, keeping you company and talking with you. Then, he helped clean you. As he gently used the cloth to clean any dirt and grime off you he talked, sweetly and kindly.

"I'm glad you don't have to live in that place anymore. You wouldn't really know about this but us humans have a place like that- like in the walls. O-ours is called the underground though and i'm um... from there. It's not the best place to start life... or be there at all throughout duration of it I suppose. My m-mom was a p-prostitute down there. I could tell she hated it but she did it to put food in my mouth. I don't know my dad and my uncle had to take care of me after she died. That uh- that didn't last long though and h-he left too." He stopped when he felt a small touch on his finger, he looked how to see your small palm on him.

"You don't have to tell me more than you want to, okay?" He nodded, sniffling and staying silent for a few moments before he continued to wash you.

Truth was it would take him a while to open up completely, though you were sure it was worth it. He was worth it.

After your bath he helped you back onto your makeshift bed, laying down next to you gingerly.

"Goodnight Y/n." he breathed.

"Goodnight Levi." You whispered back,

a/n- PLEASE don't call me author-chan or author-kun. It makes me uncomfortable. thankyou.

which of the nine titans would you like to have to power of?
[id probably choose the war hammer or the founding titan]

also, when i reply to a comment i call you love or some other cute name. does it make you uncomfortable? i swear i'm not trying to be creepy but let me know if it makes you uncomfortable or if you want me to stop.

i love you very much