Perfect | Levi x Reader

Prompt- reader goes to Levi when having a panic attack

TW- for yelling and panic attacks (ik this would technically be an anxiety attack because it builds up over time but ignore that lol)

Everything was going wrong. Waking up late, fumbling with your harness when putting it on, gear malfunctioning during training, spilling your tray at lunch, falling later during practice. It all seemed to repeat day after day no matter how hard you're tried. Two weeks had almost gone by and you hadn't had a chance to spend even a moment with Levi, your stress only increasing and your mood doing the opposite as a result. You worked harder and did your best but it still wasn't enough, you were stressed and struggled to appear as a functioning part of the regiment. Finally, your last straw was pulled when you tripped during your run with your squad.

"Get up L/n!" your captain boomed from the sidelines. You could feel the dirt on your face and clothes as tears pricked your eyes. Not now damnit. You held them in, suppressing a sob as you did your best to get your bearings. "I said get up L/n!" The voice screamed at you again, coming closer. You were hoisted off the ground by the scruff of your collar, your captain's face beat red in front of you. "WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM SOLDIER!? GET UP!" Your body quivered as he dropped you, your head rattling as he continued. "YOU THINK YOU CAN PULL THIS SHIT IN THE FIELD? HELL NO. YOU'LL BE DEAD STRAIGHT OUT OF THE GATE. NOW GET UP AND CONTINUE YOUR LAPS!"

You bit your bottom lip lightly to keep it from shaking. Your legs stumbled to stand you up as you run, but not following the track. Your legs took you off the field and to the barracks, not even worrying about the even harsher voice of your captain demanding that you come back. Your lungs burned as you ran through the hall and dodged soldiers that were walking about. Soon you came through Levi's door, barreling in without warning before you slammed it shut and slide down to the floor against it.

"What the hell Y/n? That kinda rude and I don't apprec-" his annoyed voice stopped when his eyes flickered up from his paper. "Y/n?" Softness flooded his speech as he stood up from his chair.

Your fingers ran through your hair, scratching at your scalp as your lungs heaved for air. Levi grew worried as he rounded the desk, standing a few feet away while deciding how to approach the situation. Through every second only let your state spiral, your thoughts, and breathing becoming more and more erratic.

They think I'm stupid. They think I'm clumsy. They think I'm stupid and clumsy. I can't do anything right. Why is this so hard? Do I annoy them? Why the hell did I sign up? What was I thinking? I can't even carry a damn tray and -

"Y/n?" it was melodic, his voice like a lifeline reaching into the deep sea to save you just enough for your eyes to move from the floor to his. The light and soft blueish hue holding more emotion than you had ever seen. "Y/n, I know this may sound stupid but, are you... okay?"

That single question broke the dam in your eyes. Tears rushed down your face as sobs flooded from your throat. Levi crashed to his knees in front of you while slowly reaching his arms out. He ever so gently wrapped them around you and pulled you into his chest. He whispered gentle coos to you while rubbing your back.

"You're okay. It's okay. I'm right here. I've got you." He repeated those words and many more, letting you cry into him without feeling lonely.

His hold never fell, even when the sun did. He stayed by your side as you gradually came down. When your sobs had finally subsided to sniffles he spoke something other than reassuring words. "Y/n, can you tell me what's wrong?" Your mind sparked again, trying to roar to life only to be extinguished by Levi. "It's okay, you don't have to. Just breathe love, I've got you." He pulled you into his lap, rocking the both of you back and forth. This time the silence was broken by you.

"I-I'm sorry. It must be so annoying having me just-" you hastily tried to stand up only for Levi to pull you back down and cut your words off.

"What's annoying? Are you coming to me? Y/n I want that. I'm glad you came to me. I'm glad you trust me. I love you and... I don't mind taking care of you. I love you and with loving you come accepting all of you, which I have and will always do."

"You're too perfect for me," you whispered before he stifled a chuckle.

"No love, you make me perfect."

"No, I don't."

"Yes you do, but enough about me. Do you... want to talk about it?" With your mood lifted you nodded lightly, starting to form the sentence in your head.

"Well um... I've just had a really shitty two weeks and I suppose I hit a limit today at training."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help, is there anything I can do now to help?"

"Just... hold me?"

"Of course." he wrapped his arms tighter and held you closer to him, his heartbeat lulling you into sleep.

a/n- y'all I wasn't planning on posting but I feel super bad about leaving you in the dust so I choose a prompt to work on and this was it lol. I think I'll be back into writing more at either the end of next week or the next Monday. also, there will be a chapter at the beginning of next week so expect some angst : )

I'm so grateful for all of your support<3

think of a random word starting with g
[grapefruit]

this was a request by levicallmeback

I love you very very much sugar