Thy Lover's Prize | Eren x (Gender Neutral) Reader

Prompt- Eren asks the reader on a date

Gender Neutral

"I-I wanted to ask you a question- if you okay with that..." Eren spoke nervously while subconsciously rubbing the back of his neck. "I wanted to see if you want to maybe go to dinner... with me... like a date...?" It was almost comical to see the headstrong Eren nervous infront of you.

"Yeah. I'd like that." You agreed and Eren visibly sighed. relaxing a little.

"Cool. Cool. So... tomorrow at 7?" He suggested.

"Sounds good." you smiled at him as he returned the gesture.

"Good. Um, Dress semi-formal and i'll see you then?"

"Okay. See ya!" Eren watched you walk away while quietly celebrating.

He had wanted to ask for months and finally, after a triple-dog-dare from Armin, he was compelled to do it. There was no way he could back down. He reminded himself to thank his blonde best friend later but for now he was more occupied with the fact that he had not only asked you out but you said yes too.

You on the other hand giggled to yourself while getting dressed the next day, you had chosen one of your favorite outfits and paired it nicely with shoes and accessories. You made sure to check your appearance and make sure you had everything yet the knock at the door his made your heart jump in a little- in a good day of course.

Eren smoothed his shirt out on the other side of the door right before you opened it. His smile and eyes grew wide as he greeted you.

"Y/n, hey. You look beautiful." He smiled at you.

"Awe thank you, you look handsome as well." you smiled as he tried to hide his slight blush.

He held out his arm for you to take and you accepted, letting him lead you towards his car. He opened the door and let you get settled in, telling you it was his pleasure after you thanked him.

When Eren got in he started the car up and, after making sure you were both buckled because of safety, he pulled onto the road. The two of you made small talk for a little bit until you finally arrived at your destination. It was a middle classed restaurant that you had heard about. The two of you walked in together and got seated.

The dinner was amazing, though the two of you did get some glances when you got too loud for other customers liking though neither of you cared enough to spare them any time. You both had a blast and couldn't stop smiling by the time you walked out.

"That-" Eren said between huffs of laughter, "-was so much fun."

"Agreed." You giggled with him.

"I have an idea." Eren suggested after the two of you had been able to calm down. "What if we went to an arcade... and you let me win you a prize?"

"On one of those claw machines? They're all rigged. There's no way you'll be able to win."

"Oh so you doth thinketh im incapable. Doth thy know that ye are wrong?" Eren spoke poshly before gently grabbing your arm and pulling you down the street eagerly.

"Twas right. Doth are incapable of attaining thy prize." You spoke an hour later, leaning against the side of the claw machine while Eren stood laser focused trying to 'get the right angle'.

"I can do it, I swear." Eren said, repeating the same thing for the past half hour.

To be honest you didn't mind watching, his reactions were like a kids and it's was fun to watch him move around the machine to check. This continued for another half hour until Eren nearly screamed in excitement. The claw had managed to grab a stuffed animal and pull it up successfully. You watched it move over to the drop bin and be released, Eren pulling it out with a satisfied grin.

"Your prize." he presented it to you.

"Thank you. Though, I must say you spent a lot of money for this." You gestured to the stuffed animal.

"A pricy prize for an amazing person. Only fitting the way I see it."

"Well, either way your welcome." Eren smiled and lead you back to the, once again opening and holding the door open for you before shutting it when you were completely in.

The ride back was peaceful and tranquil and before you knew it you were back to your home. Eren walked you to your door.

"I wanted to say thank you for going out with me. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope we can maybe do this again soon if you want."

"Yes of course. I should be thanking you. I had so much fun and thank you for the stuffed animal. I cant wait to do it again with you."

You both blushed at the others words before bidding goodnight and separating.

a/n- did i consider making the claw drop the prize? yes. yes i did.
also sorry for the absence recently

how are you?

i love you no matter what