Ice | Armin x Reader

Prompt- Reader and Armin are iceskating when Reader falls through the ice

Cold.

It's was fun, seeing the white lines appear behind you on the ice as you slid across, laughing cheerfully with your boyfriend, Armin.

He had convinced you to come ice skating with him. He had taken his time teaching your and now, a short hour later, you were gliding across the ice with him. The lake was pretty large and the two of you raced back and forth, one of you occasionally falling and making the other burst into laughter almost immediately.

"I bet I can make it there and back before you." You bragged, pointing to the other edge of the lake.

"Oh yeah? Let's test that then." Armin challenged.

The two of you skated to the edge, turning around and readying yourselves.

"On your mark."

"Get set."

"GO!"

The two of you took off. Armin smiled as he passed you, practically flying across the ice.

"I'm gonna be you Y/n." he sang.

He reached the edge and turned around, ready to race back.

"Y/n?"

You were gone.

It only took Armin a second to see the hole in the ice and realize what happened.

"Y/n!" He screamed, taking off this time but faster- adrenaline pushing him.

He slid on his knees when he reached the hole quickly looking down to see if he could see you.

He looked around frantically, hearing small pounds come from the ice a few feet away.

To his horror he saw you, slamming your fists agianst the ice in a desperate attempt to get out.

Armin was in a panic, many scenarios running through his mind.

Should I try to break the ice? Should I go in after her? Should I go get help? She could be dead by that point.

With no other options he dived into the hole, opening his eyes and noting where it was before swimming towards you.

The coldness burned his eyes but he refused to close them, he couldn't. If he forgot where the hole was there was a good chance that the both of you would drown.

His fingers desperately wrapped around your arm, locking as hard as they could before he propelled himself back.

He was so grateful when he broke through the water and gulped air in.

He didn't waste time on that though and threw you up onto the ice before pulling himself out as well.

Your body laid motionless on the ice as Armin quickly put his ear to your chest, paling even more when he heard nothing.

He quickly opened your mouth and plugged your nose, putting his lips to yours before forcing air into your lungs.

Once he did that a few times before he pulled back. He folded his fingers together, as he had seen in a book, and pressing quickly and firmly on your chest before releasing and doing it again, willing your heart to beat again.

Tears started to pool down his face as he continued switching between the manuvers, crying more and more as nothing seemed to work.

Every few switches he would lay his ear to your chest, listening for breathing or heartbeat that he desperately wanted to be there.