I Don't Care | Jean x (Sick) Reader

Prompt- Reader is sick and Jean takes care of her

You never realize how much you love and value something until it's gone. You realize what you've taken for granted only after your eyes lost it.

Breathing is one of those things.

The crushing feeling of not being able to breathe only becomes more and more frustrating as time goes on.

The reality was, and is, that sickness sucks. Not only do you feel gross and in the slums but you do nothing- practically sitting and doing nothing until you feel better.

"Y/n?" A light knock came from your door.

"Don't come in here you'll get sick."

The person didn't listen and instead entered.

Jean, your long term boyfriend, stood at the door with a tray of food.

"I'm not worried about getting sick. Instead, I brought you food."

"You should worry about getting sick."

"Hush." he whispered while coming over and setting the tray beside you on the bed.

The tray was filled with things like warm soup, crackers, some chicken, and tea.

"I.. um.. asked Armin about things that might help and he gave me recommendations."

"It's lovely, thank you so much." you smiled, though with your weak state it didn't fill out as much as usual.

Jean sat beside you on the bed as you began to eat.

"Are you hungry?"

"Oh no i'm good."

"Come on, have some."

"I really shouldn't, you need it."

"Then already go get some for yourself. It's lonely eating alone."

"Yeah okay, i'll be back in a few minutes." He promised before heading out.

As promised he was back a few minutes with a tray like yours.

"I didn't feel like making anything different so I got the leftovers." he explained.

The two of you are together, occasionally talking about small things.

When the two of you were finished Jean took your trays back to the mess hall before returning to your room.

"Jean no, you'll get sick."

"I couldn't care less Y/n." he said while snuggling in behind you, holding your body to his.

"Jesus Y/n, your freezing." he said, cringing but pulling you closer to warm you up.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'll keep you warm." he murmured while snuggling into you further before closing his eyes. "Go to sleep Y/n. You'll feel better."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight baby."

a/n- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEAN

ps- i didn't realize it was jeans birthday until a couple hours ago so i decided to make this one priority because it's his b-day

who's your least favorite AoT character and why?

[Mines Gabi. And not just because of what she did. I don't like how she's so stuck in her ways. She doesn't consider any side but hers correct. Although i haven't read the manga (i plan to binge it tonight and tomorrow so i can read the last chapter with y'all on friday) so i wonder if i'll feel different afterwards.]

this was a request by sxmminotfound

hello lovely<3