Empty Ideas | Jeagers x (Dead) Reader

Prompt- Eren and Zekes reaction to Y/n being shot

This is a side part to my previous oneshot- Stay | Floch x Reader

this is a platonic relationship between Eren and Zeke btw in which they are the readers brothers

season 4 spoilers

Eren's POV

"Y/n... She.... She's dead."

Floch's voice had silenced the room. Time had stopped all together as images flashed in my mind. There were all the way from when she was little to just a few minutes ago when i had seen her while boarding the airship. Me and her had always been close. She was my kryptonite yet we shared this bond that surpassed that fact. Things continued to flash. Her voice. Her hair. Her smile. Her eyes. Her features and things she did often played behind my eyes. Moments played as well.

Our sleepovers. Dinners where we would all laugh. Helping her on her first day of school. Helping each other with homework. Doing chores together. Playing tag together. The wall breaking and running away together. Scrounging for scraps. Joining the military training. Graduating together. Saving her in Trost. Her visiting me at night in the dungeon. Our first recon mission together. Her being there for experiments. Her being there with me when Hannes died, both of us comforting each other. Her being there when we went into the basement. Her confessing that she and Floch were dating. Her being by my side through this madness and learning about the new world together. Her being there to talk to me and listen. She's always there. Or she was. She's not there anymore. And she never will be.

I had seen it. I had seen Sashas death and altered reality but I never thought she would be the consequence. The irony was painful. I tried to save a friend and instead lost someone even closer. I lost my sister, my best friend. She died because of me.

I did my best to hold in my tears and laughter but a few chuckles slipped out. The others looked at me like I was insane but I couldn't bother to explain it to them. They wouldn't enderstans even if I tried. Nothing about this was funny except for the fact that i'm a failure. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to fix it. I tried and she died. My eyes watered as I began to hurt, everywhere. I can always try to fix it agian but this reality will always exist. I will have permanently created a world where Y/n indirectly dies by my hand.

I hope she can forgive me. I didn't mean to. But still, I knew I was at fault.

Zekes POV

"Y/n... She.... She's dead."

I never thought three words could hurt. I never thought that such a small sentence could hold so much meaning. But I was wrong. I know that now. That sentenced changed everything. Changed me.

The words acted as a trigger, forcing my mind to understand. Understand what I had lost. Even though I never truly had it. Loss for what I wanted and failed to get. I failed to save our future. I failed to save the possibilities. I failed.

There were so many things I wanted to do, things I had never gotten to do, and things I had wished she would do with me. All that and more. I had thought about what would happen and how I would kindle a relationship with her, how I would ease myself into another brotherly role that Eren had gotten to have. I had barely gotten to see her, barely even known her. Yet she's already gone. Taking my hopes of the future with her. They were left as empty ideas now, unattainable and out of reach.

I had heard about her some from Eren, him making her seem like the best person in the world and I believed it. She truly was from what I had witnessed. Her personality and actions let everyone knew just how perfect she was. I had truly wanted to be there for her, doing things that brothers would do. The idea seemed amazing and I couldn't wait but now... now i'd never know. I'd never have another sister let alone one like her.

I never got to meet her. That hurt too. I never got to introduce myself formally. I never got to shake her hand, let alone hug her. I never got to make her laugh and I never got to go to her wedding and threaten the groom. All of it felt like a bad dream. The world was despicable but this just felt cruel. Surely there was some omniscient being, perhaps god, that would see this injustice and fix it?

Alas time continued and nothing changed. No news ever came of her heart beating or chest breathing again as Eren and I were forced to bear the pain. Forced to mourn and feel the loss. Both of us had separate interactions and relationships with her yet both of us felt it.

Loss.

As the airship and time continued forward I was let with the haunting thought that she never would, forever stuck in time with the only choice to decay away from the world forever.

a/n- i think was a little off from what you asked so i'm so sorry but either way i hope you still liked the chapter and thank you all so much for reading! i love getting notifications from when one of you comments or votes and it makes my day better so thank you so much :)<3<3

this was a request by GiacintoViola

what's your favorite movie from when you were a kid?

you doing amazing love~ keep it up<3