Deserve | Levi x (Dead) Reader

Prompt-Reader dies and Levi is regretful

warning for depression, mention of suicide, and slight mention of injuries

Why hadn't he listened? He heard your cries and he knew about your pain yet he ignored it. Brushed it off like some annoying leaf that fell on his shoulder. He had seen you break down and he had witnessed your mental crashes. Your tears had annoyed him at the time but now that they were on him, he new he was wrong. So very wrong. His face was once happy but now that you were gone, it felt like all of it overflowed on to him. Your tears were on him, your cuts, your burdens. Everything fell on him.

Now he knew what he was ignoring and if he could, he would take it back. He would smile and say good morning to you, he'd visit you on breaks, he'd listen to you rant, he'd do your favorite things with you, he'd ask you about your day, he'd fight off your insecurities, and he'd be there. Most importantly he would be there. He'd be there when you were happy and when you were sad. When you were mad and when you were at peace. When you wanted to everything all at once and when you barely wanted to breathe. All of it. He would've been there had he know this outcome.

Standing on the roof was cold enough but the rain pelting him made it even worse. He didn't move, he didn't dare to even if he could. He deserved it. You laid on the ground a couple stories down. Your body beaten and broken. Pale and cold, forever lifeless. This had been what you felt, this had been what he ignored. When he finally left the roof he was free of the rain but the pain didn't stop. He wasn't worthy of things anymore. You wouldn't ever eat again so why did he deserve to? You wouldn't ever smile again so why did he deserve to? You wouldn't ever breathe again so why did he deserve to? Questions like these haunted him and rested on his shoulder, constantly reminding him of things he didn't deserve.

The answer was he didn't. People ignored him, like he had done to you. As things stopped entering him he lost the energy to let stuff out. Words. Emotions. Smiles. All of it was trapped. That's why when his body became bones and his personality full, he knew he was done for. And it was only fitting for him to go out like you.

a/n- this is pretty short but it's was just suppose to be a little drabble like one i guess

requester does not wish to be tagged

what's your favorite drink?

Your doing amazing<3