Safe | Moblit x (In Danger) Reader

Prompt- Hanji endangers the reader with her test subjects and Moblit finds out

no warnings other than small mention of injury- nothing graphic

Titans were fascinating creatures. Already Hange believed so- you, not so much. Sure they held unknown secrets but they were also dangerous, that's why when she asked you to help her you did your best to resist, saying that you were needed somewhere else. She didn't take the hint though and instead said she'd vouch for you before dragging you away. The ideas she came up with here crazy but this one probably took the cake.

"I want to test the speed of their reflexes!" She announced.

You stood there dumbfounded, unable to think of how you played into this. Her first set up was on your in a flimsy human sized rectangular box about 3 meters long with an opening in the roof near the middle. She instructed you to run back and forth, testing how quickly the titans would see and move to grab you. You did as she said, sprinting from side to side only twice before the box was smashed in by a large hand, you thankfully weren't underneath the spot that was smashed but a few splinters did penetrate your uniform and skin slightly.

After announcing that phase over, she moved onto the next- setting you and the titans up in a large field and instructing you to run across it on horseback while she timed them and their speed. Like before you did as she said and ran, the titans charging after you. You were almost to the forest when a step behind your horse jolted it, tripping the horse and sending you flying. You landed on your back, the tree line barely in view. Hange reined in the titans before leaning over your sprawled out form.

"You okay Y/n? That was a pretty nasty fall."

"Yup, just peachy." You groaned while sitting up.

She checked you out and decided you weren't hurt that badly and that the tests should continue. The next phase was testing their head and neck reflexes, she wanted to test how fast they could move. She pinned them down like usual and had you walk close to their face, barley in biting range. You did this a few times until moving onto the other one.

Like the times before you stood in biting range and moved when they went to snapped at you. Only this time you tripped on one of the ropes holding them down. As you fell the titan continued to move, it's mouth wide open and it's teeth ready to trap you inside, or atleast a part of you. Just when you thought you were a goner, arms reach under yours and heaved you backwards to safety. You rolled on the ground a few times and stared at the sky like before. The person who leaned over you was different though, it's was your boyfriend- more professionally known as XO Moblit Berner. He scowled at you before reaching his hand out. You took it as he hoisted you up to your feet, you leaning on one immediately due to the ache from the other being caught by the rope.

"What the hell Hange? I left for two hours and you make my girlfriend titan bait! I knew you were crazy but this is just plain stupid! Look at her! She's got splinters and dirt all over her not to mention a few cuts and what probably is a sprained ankle!"

"I'm sorry I just needed someone to help with the exp-"

"The experiments shouldn't be like this! No one should be put in danger for this Hange. It's wrong."

"Y/n participated willingly though!"

"That's not the point Hange. The point is that she's hurt and it's your fault." he pointed at her and then to you before coming over and leaning down to help you walk.

He was almost scary when he scolded her, his voice being low and almost threatening. He lead you to the infirmary, muttering to himself the whole time.