*Fear | Jean x (Titan Shifter) Reader*

Prompt- Reader is a titan shifter

Your eyes refused to focus on the ceiling. Your mind wouldn't stop talking and you were desperate for sleep. Hange wanted more tests done and she told you and Eren to be ready at 8, currently 3 hours away. You had only shifted once before, in a desperate attempt to live. The more you thought about it, the more you feared yourself. There was no way to tell if you'd have control or not, let alone if you'd remember what happened.

Blinking slowly, you turned to face your boyfriend, Jean. His face glowed from moonlight and he looked at peace, his chest gently moving and rhythmically as he breathed. You remembered a couple of weeks ago when you discovered your power. He isn't very fond of Eren, making you scared to tell him your secret, yet he was so happy for you when you told him. He had always been afraid of something happening to you in the field alone and now that you had the ability, he felt a little more at ease.

His chest rose and fell evenly, his heartbeat never faltering once. He laid to your left, his chest, and your cheek next to each other. His arm hooked around your head, serving as a pillow while he slept. He was so supportive and often complimented you, telling you how much you mean to him and making the thought of hurting him while rouge even more devastating.

Time ticked away inevitably and soon you were up and getting around with a quick shower, change of clothes, and breakfast. Hange stood by the door accompanied by Moblit and Captain Levi. Eren came barreling towards you whilst shoveling the last of his scrambled eggs down his throat and mumbling an apology. Jean stood slightly behind you, your hands intertwined.

They found a nice place to start, a small opening beside a cliff that wasn't too high but high enough to be used for escape in an emergency.

"Eren first!" Hange shouted after everyone was in formation.

You and Jean stood at the ledge's top and watched Eren transform. His titan body appeared out of nowhere with a roar but calmed down after that. Titan Eren responded to Hange and could answer simple yes/no questions and do simple tasks with ease.

After about a half-hour of making sure Eren was in control, you were up. You glanced at Jean who gave a reassuring smile and nod while giving your hand a light squeeze. And though you were still extremely nervous, this made you feel a little more in control.

After making your way down and into the field, Hange and Levi gave the go-ahead. You took a deep breath.

"Don't fuck this up Y/n," you mumbled to yourself.

With one final surge of confidence, you bit your hand, drawing blood as lightning struck and your body morphed into a titan around 13 meters high. The same as last time.

Your voice ripped through the air and you felt like you were watching yourself from a different perspective. Your titan's head shook, at war with itself. Oh no. You thought as you struggled to gain the upper hand.

Jean watched from the ledge as his girlfriend had an internal battle. You had created the titan but now it fought for dominance and control over itself. Jean could see your features in the titan as its face screwed into one of pain and desperation. You and your titan continued to battle for another minute or two while slowly becoming calmer. Now and then it would jerk like it had been shocked before returning to normal.

Hange watched from the sidelines, documenting everything she could possibly think of. After waiting for a bit, making sure there was a significant amount of time between each jolt, she approached you.

"Y/n dear? Can you hear me?!" Hange yelled to your titan.

You gave a slight nod of your head, eliciting a joyful cry from the crazed scientist.

"That's awesome! Now hold up four fingers on one hand and one on the other!" Hange instructed the titan.

You did as told, holding up four fingers on one hand and one finger on your other giant hand. Things continued like this for a while until Hange needed a water break from all the yelling she had done and Jean approached Levi.

"Um, sir? Can I go talk to Y/n?" He hated asking permission.

You were his girlfriend, he didn't like the idea of asking another man to let him see you. But alas, Levi was the captain and he didn't feel like scrubbing the barracks.

Levi glanced from Jean to Titan Y/n, thinking. "Tch. Whatever just be careful."

"Right," Jean said before walking towards you quickly.

You and Eren were next to the ledge, you were sitting crisscross with your back resting against the large wall of rock while Eren stood to your right, also leaning against the wall.

"Y/n!" Jean shouted, getting the titan's attention.

Your face curved upwards in the best attempt of a smile possible, still doing more harm than good though. Jean didn't care. Deep down, it was you smiling at him and he couldn't be more grateful. You set your hand down on the ground, allowing Jean to get on, before moving your hand up towards your face. Jean placed a hand on the tip of your nose, his best attempt at comforting you.

"I'm so proud of you Y/n. You look beautiful, by the way." If your titan could have blushed, it would've.

Instead, you shook your head slightly in embarrassment before closing your eyes, enjoying Jean's touch even if it was tiny.

"I mean it Y/n. You're amazing and I'm so proud of you." A goofy grin shown on both your titan and your inner-real body.

The two of you continued to talk- well more like Jean talked and you listened and did your best to respond. A couple more minutes passed before Hange's voice could be heard again.

"Let's do this thing!"

Signaling the resuming of their trials. Jean gave you one last nose-hug before gliding down with the ODM gear to watch from a distance again. The trials continued as he watched
you, smiling with pride.

a/n- do you like more AU type scenarios/
one-shots or the ones set in the aot world?

you're incredible