The Same | Eren x (Infertile) Reader

Prompt-Reader is infertile

*Please know that I am not trying to romanticize being infertile. It's a serious topic that many people have to deal with. I wrote this for comfort. Please remember that being unable does not make you any less of a woman or human than anyone else. You are perfect and I love you.

Modern AU

Time continues on.

That had always been something you thought of often. It both comforted and scared you. To you, it meant that things will get better, however, it also meant that things will change. You had always believed that sentence until this very moment- when everything stopped. The rain outside froze mid-air. The baby in the room over had ceased crying. The air stilled and breathing became impossible. Everything seemed to be stuck in a fraction of time.

Forever unchanging.

All noise that you were hearing a mere two seconds ago had been replaced by a loud ringing. The rain on the window was a distant and un-hearable sound. Even the bed-like object that you sat on was out of reach. Everything gone.

Things stayed this way forever- it seemed- until a hand held your left shoulder, draping across from your other shoulder. You knew this hand. The rough yet soft, tender, and warm touch from the only person who could save you now. Eren's eyes stayed focused on you. Every movement and breath- or lack thereof- was accounted for in his head. His eyes didn't waver. Even when the doctor talked some more and then left the room. You hadn't moved. Your breathing and overall movement had stopped around half a minute ago and Eren was starting to worry. He too had trouble believing what he had heard but you had definitely taken it worse- as expected and proved by your reaction.

Time continues on.

At first, you couldn't move. Then slowly you were able to blink. And then breathe. But then the wave came in. Emotion. Tears. Hyperventilation. All of it. Sobs wracked your body as snot started to form in your nose for the emotional turmoil you were experiencing. By then Eren had completely moved you and set you on his lap, straddling him with your head resting on this right shoulder. Your wails and cries became louder by the second and Eren's heart broke a little more every time.

Your feet balled together tightly as your left hand fisted Eren's white tee and the other held tightly onto the hair roots at the back of his head, fearing that if you let go he too would disappear and dissolve as if he had never existed.

He didn't mind, of course, keeping one arm wrapped around your lower back while the other rubbed the top in an attempt to comfort your aching heart. Time continued like this for nearly an hour, your strangled sobs accompanied by Erens silent yet pained tears. After a while when things had seemed to of calmed down, the doctor peaked his head in causing Eren's eyes to widen a little and move his head ever-so-slightly to signal that you both needed more time. The doctor shook his head in understanding and left quietly.

"Y/n?" Eren called softly.

"Mhm? Oh sorry." You got off him quickly wiping your face off quickly with your sleeve, too bothered for it to affect you.

"I'm sorry how inconsiderate of me I um- well we can go get most of your stuff I mean we should have boxes stored in the basement as well as trash bags and I think I saw this apartment on Third if you-" you continued to ramble while packing stuff up, Eren watching with a dumbfounded look.

You grabbed your purse and walked out, Eren slightly behind you all the while with you mumbling and ranting on. Eren was starting to grow concerned. Boxes? Trash bags? Third Street? By the time you got in the car, him driving and you on the passenger side, Eren was starting to wonder if you had gone insane.

"...and of course, I'll help I don't want to be rude and maybe even-"

"Y/n" Eren said loudly, cutting you off.
You moved your head to look at him better. His face mixed with emotions like confusion and concern.

"What? Oh my god! You've already checked out the Third street! Well, I bet there's another one around here somewh-"

"Y/n what the fuck are you talking about? Boxes? Helping me? Third street? Will you tell me what the hell is going on?" he looked exasperated.

"Your new apartment?" you told him, dazed as to what he didn't understand.

"My new apartment?" he questioned and you gasped.

"Oh my god I am so sorry I just always thought you liked apartments- don't worry we can find a townhouse or something I mean I'm sure there is one out there the problem is finding one low enough and in the right p-"

"Y/n seriously I have no fucking clue as to what you're talking about now?"

You stared at him. How could he not get it?

"What do you mean? Your moving out- we're broken up?"

Hearing the words come from your mouth made his brain short circuit. How? Why? Was it something he did? Something he didn't do?
Everything looked like millions of puzzle pieces scrambled and thrown around.

"And don't feel bad I totally understand I mean it's totally my fault I-"

Everything clicked. The puzzle pieces moved so quickly that they made up the picture in almost no time. He understood now. Everything made sense.

"What oh my god Y/n no! NO NO, NO HOLY SHIT HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT?"
You stared at him, alarmed by his outburst.

"What? Did you want to leave right away I mean you have some pretty valuable stuff but if you want to leave that quickly I wo-"

"SHUT UP Y/N! I'M NOT LEAVING. THERE IS NO BOX OF STUFF! THERE IS NO THIRD STREET APARTMENT! THERE IS NO HOUSE."

Your mouth went from open to closed- stuck in confusion.

"You think I would leave you over this? Something so small as you being sterile? Baby, I don't care! I don't care! Well I mean I do care- but you know what I mean. I'm not leaving you. Never. This changes nothing. You're still the same beautiful woman I fell in love with. God, how could you possibly think that I would leave you? I'm not going anywhere doll. I need you. Don't make me leave... please."

He reached over and pulled you onto his lap, like in the doctor's office, and held you tightly against him while kissing your shoulder and neck between words.

"You are so beautiful and I want you to know that I love you so much," he said while finishing with a long kiss on your lips, breaking and dam in your eyes.

Tears came back instantly and you started to cry again. This time the two of you talked during your crying. You would say something mean about yourself or how you wouldn't blame Eren for leaving you and every time he would answer in a calm, sweet, and firm voice, contradicting you. By the end  you were sure Eren had run out of things to say without repeating but every time there was something new. After reassuring you that this changed nothing, the two of you went home together, still grieving and relying on each other for support but together.

a/n- I am so sorry if you deal with this, remember that it doesn't define you at all, and your so strong<3

you're perfect