Dive | Floch x Reader

Prompt- Swimming with Floch

Modern AU

The relationship between water and humans is strange.

Sure it's cool and helps clean us but it's can also kill. We can't breathe in it yet we have this obsession with submerging in it for fun.

Regardless, you were one of those people.

That's why when Floch asked if you wanted to go swimming, it was a no-brainer.

The day was especially hot too and swimming in the lake nearby sounded like the perfect idea, on reinforcing that fact when you finally stepped into the cold water.

You and Floch didn't waste a second, immediately jumping in and swimming as soon as the two of you set your towels down.

You splashed and swam around for what seemed like hours, never getting tired or bored.

After a while the two of you got out for lunch, sitting under a tree and eating the picnic you and Floch had packed that morning.

"I bet I can beat you to the bottom." He said, taking the last bite of his sandwich.

You looked to the pond, gauging both his and yours reaction and speed time.

"Your on."

You said before immediately taking off, not giving him a chance before you bolted to the water and got in.

You could hear Floch's paddle behind you, both of you desperately swimming as if you life depended on it.

When you reached the center you inhaled deeply, holding the breath while you dived.

You kicked your legs as hard you you could until they were held, your body practically suspended in the water. You knew it was Floch holding your ankle, his fingers distinct before they yanked you up towards the surface. Your head came above water as your body leveled itself.

You barely had time to see Floch beneath you, his body disappearing into depths.

"Oh no you don't." You said before diving back down again.

You couldn't see him with your eyes closed but the small current of water that rushed by you let you know that you were getting close.

Your hands reached forward, towards both Floch or the lake bed- whichever got there first.

Floch's arm came into contact as he moved it backwards, previously using it to swim before you gripped it. Like he had done to you, you pulled back. His whole body stopped moving forward and instead floated back, not nearly as much as he had done to you due to lack of leverage and overall strength. Still, it bought you some time as you then used him to propel yourself forward.

You almost smiled when you felt the cold and muddy dirt on the floor, signaling your victory.

You quickly turned yourself, setting your feet against the bed, and pushed; your bed rocketing upwards quickly.

When your head broke the surface, Floch was there waiting.

"What the hell Y/n! That's so cheating."

"Says the one who did it first."

The two of you stuck your tongues out at each other, imitating toddlers, before breaking out into laughter.

From then on the day continued as before with the two of you playing games, relaxing, or just talking while swimming.

Finally the sun started to set and the two of you got out, drying yourself off with towels.

"This was a fun date." You said, watching as he shook his head to help get the water out of his hair- like a dog.

"Yeah I had fun. Maybe your like to do it again sometime? Or something like it?" he asked shyly.

"Okay big guy, just know i'm a sucker for romance."

"Duly noted." He smiled before holding out his hand.

You took it, interlocking your fingers with his.

"You take good notes." You commented as he continued to lead you back home.

a/n- so basically i want to do this 'expirement' i guess so if you read this answer the question below but put it in parentheses- like this- (answer). you don't have to read these but i'm curious as to who or how many do. if you do thank you so much! i love communicating with all of you and so you taking the time to read my nonsensical rambling makes me happy lol:)

Who would you want to be best friends with from aot? (only choose one please, i want to see you struggle to find you favorite as i did *laughs evilly*)
[Its between Levi and Armin for me but personally i'd have to choose Armin in the end. I am sensitive so Levi's cold-heartness would not mix well with my emotional personality lol]

also i'm very lazy so i combined two requests and put them into one.... i'm so sorry

this was requested by both flochsgfasf and another person but for the life of me i can't find your comment so i am very sorry<3

I love you<3