Still Turning and Searching

Here you go. Another chapter. Italics are a flashback. Vote and of comment and please enjoy.

At four PM Freddy responded to pained whimpers from Nightfell. Zac had fallen asleep at a little after two so Freddy was looking after who would hopefully be their newest family member.

"Shhh. Everything's okay. Just relax," he said softly trying to keep Zac's blood brother calm.

At five O'clock Nightfell's fever had risen to one-oh-five degrees. Freddy went down stairs to the kitchen to fill a bowl with cold water then he grabbed a rag from a nearby draw and headed back up into Nightfell's room. He soaked the rag for a while then wiped away the sweat coating Nightfell's burning face and neck before soaking the cloth again and putting it on his forehead.

"How is he doing?" Zac asked coming into the room after waking up from his sleep.

"He's hanging on," Freddy said with a smile.

An hour later at six PM Nightfell started showing signs of thirst. He gasped more and weakly put a hand to his throat which Freddy and Zac knew from experience was burning for a drink of blood. Nightfell's eyes were also turning red now. Zac knew he couldn't let his brother drink. Not yet. He had to wait till the halfway mark.

Zac and Freddy stayed with Nightfell, helping him through the change for another two hours before he lost consciousness. They left him to rest but stayed close by in case he awoke in the next little while in more pain or something started going wrong.

"I do hope he pulls through," Zac said quietly.

"He's hanging on Zac. That's a good sign. His change is no different from the rest of ours," Freddy voiced out. "Except we were either injured physically or mentally in Mick's case or sick in some way like Bowie was."

"I know. I Know. I shouldn't have convinced him to turn though," Zac lamented.

"You wanted your brother with you. On top of that there was no guarantee he wasn't going to eventually get involved in this once he got out of prison. You went to him for support and he knows Free is the one who committed the crime he went away for," Freddy told him. "He could have sought Free out for revenge if he wanted to or Free could have gotten to him at some point. This way he's safe from Free at least safer than if he were human."

"True," Zac mused.

From nine O'clock to ten O'clock nothing reallyhappened. Nightfell briefly woke up a couple times for only a couple minutes eachtime before falling asleep again. At eleven Zac and Freddy decided to put twocool cloths on Nightfell's wrists in addition to the one on his forehead. Theyhoped it would help with bringing down his temperature and give him some reliefand comfort.

>>>>

Coughing could be heard down a dark alley. A figure was sitting in a back doorway to a closed shop leaning on the door frame. He shook and coughed weakly before falling forward onto his hands and knees and coughing more and harsher. Looking up he saw someone walking through the rain towards him. Who was it? He didn't really care who it was he was too weak, tired and cold to care anymore.

The figure walking forward now stood right in front of him. He knelt down and the sick shaking form on the ground could see concerned blue eyes and soaked blonde hair. He looked back at the blonde stranger with clouded dark brown eyes.

"Why are you out here in such weather?" the blonde asked softly

"...No-where...to...go..."