Feral

Here's the next chapter. Comment and or vote and please enjoy. 

Bolded parts in the middle are recorded words.

Each night for the next couple weeks Nightfell staked out Free's place. He hunted each night on his way there. He could only keep his ability turned off for a little while each time so he stayed for a little while then moved away for awhile until he could again turn his sent off. He was also always home before the night ended. Nightfell wasn't just learning Free's routine and waiting for when he could get the key around his neck. He was looking for ways into the house and out quickly besides the front and back doors.

"Looks like the back door is the best option," he told himself. "Now which room is yours Free?"

Nightfell had always prided himself on his thieving abilities. He could get in and out of a house quite quickly without being noticed and without anyone knowing he'd ever even been there. He was also able to hide amazingly well while staking out a place. Even if someone was home they'd never know he was watching them and waiting for his chance.

Those skills served him well in the past and they were serving him well now except for one thing. Scent. He was dealing with vampires now not humans. Creatures who could smell and see way better than any human could. If he went into that house or too close to it Free would know by scent alone that he'd been there and scent was hard to get rid of. Unless you had Nightfell's ability.

Nightfell had to wait until he knew he could get that key before he went into that house to get it. He had to bide his time. Soon enough he'd have that key in his hands. Nightfell knew it too. He could play the waiting game better than anyone else ever could.

He could feel it. That feeling he got every time he pulled off a theft. That tingling feeling and the rush of adrenalin that came every time he staked a place out. His blood boiled, his heart rate picked up, his fingers curled. Nightfell smirked. This was what he lived for. He loved this feeling. It always felt so good and it always reached its peak just before he snatched the item that'd caught his attention.

"Yes. Splendide. Oh how I've missed this," Nightfell whispered.

Free wasn't always home when Nightfell arrived but at some point Nightfell always caught sight of him even if Free didn't see him. Nightfell wondered could Free sense him? Could any of the other vampires in Free's coven sense him? Could they smell him close by at all? Nightfell thought about testing his luck but this mission was too important for that right now. Bowie's life depended on Nightfell getting that key without getting caught. This was even more fun now that there was a greater chance of being caught.

"I hope to meet the one I'm helping to save verysoon," Nightfell told himself.

>>>>

Boa went down to see Bowie yet again with his glass of blood. Free had gone hunting. So Boa could stay a little longer with Bowie which was good because he had an idea to show Zac he really needed to hurry.

Boa had a recorder with him tonight. He was going to record Bowie's weak, pained, bloodlust filled voice as proof he was getting close to his end. Hopefully it would get his coven to act faster to get him out of here. Boa entered the room to see Bowie standing but leaning on the pole for support.

He got closer and saw Bowie was shaking. He must have been fighting to stand for a while. Bowie's attention turned to him and he heard a low hungry growl that turned into a hiss at the end.

"Shh. Bowie its okay. It's just me. Boa." Boa called out to him in a firm voice despite being somewhat scared of Bowie's feral side.

Boa gave Bowie his dose of blood and watched as he struggled to get control of his feral side. Each time it was getting harder and harder for him to fight it. Last night Boa had come to see him briefly but Bowie was so tired he hadn't managed to regain control of himself. Could he do it tonight? Could Bowie gain control long enough for Boa to record a message for the Super Stars to hear so they came sooner.