Fleeing Free

Here's another Chapter. Comment and or vote and enjoy.

"Kill him," Free ordered. "Now."

Bowie growled. The blond was being really demandingright now and Bowie didn't like his attitude or tone. No one was going to tellhim what to do or when to do it. He was going to do what he wanted when hewanted. All he wanted right now was blood. All he needed was the warm, sticky,red liquid pouring down his throat quenching the unbearable thirst. If theblond vampire wasn't going to give him that Bowie wasn't going to listen. Then againhe could simply take what he wanted. He went towards Boa again who was closestto him. The younger vampire rushed to his feet to get away from him.

Boatried to rush past Free to get to the door behind him but Free shoved him tothe floor again. Bowie hissed. he was troubled and conflicted about thisyounger vampire being treated the way he was even though he was a blood source.Why? He wanted to protect this young vampire who'd been shoved to the floor buthe also wanted to rip him apart. Why? He wanted to rip the other vampire in theroom apart, the one who'd given him the order, too. If Bowie was going to ripanything apart though it would be for himself, for the blood to sustain his depletedstrength and energy not because someone told him to.

"If he doesn't rip you apart and drink I'll kill you myself and leave you here where no one will find you," Free seethed. "Though I guess I should release at least one of his hands from those chains if he's going to be able to reach out and hold on to you while he feeds."

Free grabbed a dagger from one of the tables and some rope and moved towards Boa. Boa backed up until he was backed right up to the pole. Wait. The pole? Where was Bowie?

Boa looked behind him. Bowie was crouched rightthere a few feet behind him. The chain that had been used to restrain him waslying there on the floor next to him. Norman and Carlos hadn't made sure thecuff attaching the chain to the pole was locked tight enough when they returnedhim to the room. Now Bowie was free except for his arms still being boundbehind his back. He eyed Boa and then Free.

>>>>

Bowie watched as Boa tried to get past Free and escape the room only to be shoved to the floor. He watched Free grab one of the daggers from a nearby table and he watched him reach for the rope before walking forward. Bowie lunged forward to attack, to get his fangs on Free who was now the closest and heard a small click. He turned to where the sound came from and slowly moved closer to inspect.

The chain. It was slack. It wasn't attached tothe pole anymore. Bowie hid in the shadows on the side of the pole he'd neveruntil now had access to and decided to wait and see what happened next waitingin ambush for one of the other vampires tocome a little closer. Seemed like he still had some control of his feral side. Maybethe younger vampire was right? It was him who got close first. Bowie being reallythirsty now prepared to attack.

'No,' a voice in his head spoke. 'Not this one. Not prey.'

But he was so close Bowie could smell the blood in his veins. It didn't matter to him that the prey was a fellow vampire. All that mattered was satisfying his burning thirst with sweet warm blood.

'No. get the other one if you must go for one ofthem,' the voice told him. 'Target the one who did this to you not the one whotried to help you.'

Bowie shook his head just as the vampire in front of him backed right against the pole. He looked back and saw Bowie unsecured. Bowie saw his eyes widen in realization he saw him pale as if he forgot he like Bowie was vampire. The only difference between them was one was feral and the other was sane and clear minded.