Hope

Here is the next chapter. Vote and or comment and enjoy. Nothing graphic in this chapter just the after affects of the torture from the last chapter.

Bowie found himself barely able to open his eyes the next day. He groaned weakly and tiredly and blurrily looked around. The room was cloaked in light. Odd hadn't the light been turned off last night when Free had finally left him alone? Bowie also remembered the light had never been that bright before. He closed his eyes.

"Still really weak hu?"

"F-F-Free," Bowie mumbled out in anger and exhaustion as his eyes opened halfway and he glared.

"I see the knife is still in your shoulder butthen again I didn't take it out last night did I? And your hands are boundbehind your back so you couldn't remove it yourself no surprise it's stilllodged deeply in your shoulder," Free chuckled as he slowly circled aroundBowie like a predator around wounded prey. Right now that's what they were.Free was the predator and Bowie was his prey.

Bowie closed and opened his eyes again and kept them narrowed at Free. He growled a little too but Free merely chuckled. Bowie looked himself up and down. The wounds he had received at the hands of Free last night were nowhere to be found today minus the shoulder wound that couldn't heal due to the knife. He was still weak and tired though. Probably because he needed to feed.

Seeing he had no new injuries on him Bowie wondered why Free was down here at this very moment. Hadn't he said he would be back in a couple days for more fun? Well actually he said he could be back today or tomorrow. This was Free and Bowie wondered if Free had any intention of actually waiting for him to become a little stronger before resuming his torture. He didn't have any new injuries on him but Free was back in the room with him again.

"Relax young one. I'm not here for you. This time. I said I'd be back either today or tomorrow but surprisingly I think we'll take a break from the fun and let you rest up a bit. Though it really is so you don't die too quickly. I was just here changing the stupid bulb. It burnt out last night which is why you were in the dark. You just happened to wake up just as I was finished and making sure it lit up. Though I think I like leaving you in the dark. Maybe I will every once in a while."

So Free hadn't turned the light off last night?It had simply burned out. That's why Bowie was left in the dark. It didn'tmatter if the light was on or off as Bowie was so exhausted physically, mentallyand emotionally he'd have fallen asleep either way.

"I'm not...as young...as you think I am...I was sixteen when Zac...turned me and I've...been a vampire...for five years," Bowie informed him.

"Just five years. Let me tell you something. Iwas nineteen when I was turned I'd been a vampire for sixty-one years when Iturned Zac. When he turned you I had sixty-three years of experience. I nowhave sixty-eight years of being a vampire. Sixty-three more years of experiencethan you so compared to me you are still a young vampire. An incredibly youngvampire."

Bowie closed his eyes once again. This time he tried to ignore Free. He knew Free was right but he hated the fact he had so much more experience over him and was acting far more superior to him too because of it. He hated Free for all that and for torturing him so cruelly. Bowie hated Free period. He may have been older and more experienced than him but he was evil and cruel and he deserved to not be around anymore. He deserved to go through what he'd forced Bowie to endure and die.

"I see you're not listening," Free remarked in a sing song voice. "That's fine. I didn't tell you all that to make small talk. I told you so you'd see how much stronger and better I am than you. Maybe now you'll give in and except your fate."