Poisoned

Here is the next chapter. Comment and or vote and please enjoy. 

Mick got back to the house later then he really wanted to. He'd decided to go hunting first before returning to his family. All he wanted to do right now though was sleep. Just for a few hours. He hadn't really slept much since he left for his mission a few weeks ago and he was so exhausted now because of it.

"I really should have requested a partner for this mission," Mick thought to himself.

The little girl had taken longer to find then hehad thought she would. Once he finally found her, and the vampire who'dabducted her as a food source, it had taken a great amount of effort to takethe vampire down. Once he'd found them and taken the vampire down he quickly reportedto the High Council. Kristina quickly met him at the girl's house so she couldmanipulate her memories of the supernatural world so she wouldn't remember anyof it. Only then was Mick finally able to return her to her worried parents whothanked him profusely for their little girl's safe return.

"Anyone here? I'm home," He called out to the rest of his coven even though the lights had all been off and the door had been locked. The house was quite dark and quiet.

Mick chuckled to himself. He must really be tired. He was calling out for the rest of the coven when it was obviously clear no one was home. The lights were all off and not only had the door been locked but all the windows had been closed and locked plus it was quiet. Too quiet for anyone to be home. He knew for sure he was home alone.

Mick locked the door again and headed into thekitchen. He knew Zac would have left a note for him, if he returned and no one was here, explaining where everyone was. Sure enough he found the note on the kitchen table.

Mick

Gone out hunting. All of us. If you're feeling up to it and haven't hunted yet you're welcome to join us. If you have hunted or are not feeling like joining us make yourself at home. Again. We'll be back in a few hours or so. Be careful by yourself. Free is not playing nice and there is a new vampire in his coven. If you're awake when I get back we'll talk more if not we'll talk when you wake up. You've missed quite a bit since you've been gone.

Zac

"Thanks Zac," Mick yawned, "Probably won't be awake when you guys get back but looking forward to hearing about what I've been missing."

A strong feeling suddenly came over Mick. Danger. He was jolted awake by the feeling of danger. Why? He was supposed to be alone in the house. The others were all out hunting. Who was here?

"Freddy? Bowie? Akira?"

No it wasn't any of his coven mates. They wereall out hunting. The note said so and they would have all come back together.Wouldn't they? On top of that he wouldn't feel danger from any of his covenmates like he was now and they wouldn't sneak up on him especially after he'dhad such a tough mission. No someone else was in the house with him and theyweren't friendly.

"Who's there? Show yourself," Mick demanded as he quickly entered the living room.

"You're quite confrontational aren't you?"

That voice. That scent that he'd missed when he'd first come into the house. The feeling of power and danger.

"Free," Mick growled as his eyes turned cat-like in anger.

Free entered the living room from the hallwayleading to the bedrooms. He'd been hiding there waiting for someone to comehome for a while. Finally someone had returned. Alone too.

"I could use a vampire with your earth manipulation and bravery in my coven. Too bad you won't join me willingly. I guess I could try breaking you but I have something else planned for you. It's a shame this might be your last night alive," Free mused.