Meeting

Here is the second chapter of Hope in the Darkness. Please enjoy.

TheodoreGlass had traveled a great distance from where he'd been living for the past whileto where he was now, in Spain. He had left Japan quite some time ago and hadbeen on the move ever since to avoid the other members of the High Council, ofwhich he'd been a part of, and what would have been his punishment. Two yearsago he had plotted against the rest of the High Council to rule both the humanand Supernatural worlds. He of course failed and had had to flee and had been bidinghis time waiting for another chance to overthrow the others and take whatshould be his.

It was currently still dark out, very early in the morning. He'd only just arrived in Spain thirty minutes ago and was headed to a destination known only to himself. So far the High Council hadn't detected him in Spain yet and he wanted to keep it that way. If they found him they would surely lock him away or worse. Kill him for treason.

The sorcerer had come to Spain to find someone.The very man, the creature, who'd turned his former accomplice, Lui into thevampire he had been. The very one who'd also turned a certain coven leader whohad stood in his way. It had taken a lot of time to locate this specificvampire as he was in and out of Spain and other countries a lot looking forpeople to turn and add to his now small army.

As the sorcerer continued his slow steady pace to his destination he couldn't help but smile a little. Losing Lui had been a tough blow to his plans. This new accomplice however would, could, should be better and more useful than Lui ever was. He just had to get to the house he'd been directed to meet him at when they'd spoken about meeting up.

Theodore caught a cab just outside the airport and directed the driver to head to the outskirts of the city he'd flown to. He'd asked the driver to let him out a good distance from the house he was headed to and paid the man before casting a memory spell on him and letting him go on his way. Then he walked the rest of the way, alone, to the house he was to meet his possibly, hopefully new acquaintance at.

It had taken him about two and a half hours to get to the house on foot. The house he found himself in front of was a blood red colored mansion. It was three stories high with balconies on every window and a multitude of steps leading to the front door. Theodore tried counting the steps but kept losing count. He figured there were at least thirty. There was a young boy sitting on the very top step waiting for him.

"Are you Theodore Glass?" the boy asked as the sorcerer got close enough to hear him.

"Yes I am."

"I'm Boa I've been asked to escort you to the coven leader as soon as you arrived. Follow me."

The boy had been young when he'd been turned if his voice, face and size was anything to go by. He had frizzy light brown hair and green eyes. There was a small scar across the bridge of his nose. He did not look very happy Theodore found himself thinking. Maybe he had been forced to turn like Zac had? Maybe he hated what he was and where he was? Then why not leave? Maybe he was a newly turned?

Boa led Theodore up the stairs leading to the second story and down the hall a few feet before suddenly stopping. Theodore saw that they had stopped outside a set of large oak doors. Boa knocked three times quickly then after a few seconds he knocked once and waited. After a minute or so three knocks were heard from the other side one right after the other in quick secession then Boa opened the door. He stepped in and waved Theodore in behind him.

Two male vampires occupied the spacious room, one stood over by the large floor to ceiling window while the other stood in the middle of the room with his body angled at the door as Boa and Theodore entered. They had obviously been talking about something important before Boa and Theodore had entered and Theodore realized Boa's knocking was a code he'd used to tell the occupants of the room that Theodore had arrived.