Chapter 2

*If every time I thought of you, a star fell, the sky would be empty*

~Avengers~

*leah's Pov*

I left Tony to do his own thing once we arrived on the battleship, known as the Helicarrier. I was looking around and it had two runways: one with access to a hanger at the rear and the other is aligned along the spine of the vessel.

As I was admiring it all, I turned around to see two familiar faces. One was agent Coulson and he was walking off a Quinjet with another man. The other had beautiful blonde hair with a face of an angel. I couldn't tell where I recognised him from: a TV show? Is he famous? Maybe I've walked past him once while getting Tony a burger?

I decided to walk to them, so I can greet them both.
"Agent Harper, Captain Rogers." Coulson introduced.
"Ma'am?" Steve said.
"Hi." I greeted.
That's where I recognised him, Captain America! I talked about him with coulson a while back.
I felt a hand place down on my shoulder; I turned my head and it was Natasha Romomoff.

Natasha and I met a while back when she was a secret agent for S.H.I.E.L.D, and she came and worked for Tony. I and her hit it off very well, and always went out. She is like my big sister, (not much of an age gap) . She smiled at me and I smiled back. I was excited that she was going to be on the mission with me, and natasha was too.

Natasha turned to Coulson, "They need you on the bridge. They're starting the face-trace."
Coulson said his goodbyes and walked away, leaving me, Nat and Steve.

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice." Natasha mentioned.
"I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sighn his 'Captain America Trading Cards' yet?" You asked Steve.
"Trading cards?" He turned to me.
"They're vintage, he's very proud." Natasha and Steve both laughed at my comment.

I guess I made a good impression. I see a man walking around the ship, trying to stay out of the way while people walk in his way. It was quite funny actually, seeing how nervous he looked. He seemed like a nice guy.

"Dr Banner." Steve greeted. They walked up to eachother and shook hands. I waved from were I was standing with Nat, catching up with eachother, and he waves back at me with a nice, polite smile on his face.

"So, you and Tony huh?" Natasha interrupted my thoughts.
"What?! No no no, never. He is...the most annoying person you could ever meet." I corrected her.
"Hmm, okay I believe you...for now." She smirked. I giggled at her comment and we decided to go to Steve and Bruce.

"Well this is actually kind of familiar." Steve said, taking a good look at running soldiers/agents. I politely interrupted their conversation.
"Gentlemen, you might want to step inside in a minute. It's going to get a little hard to breath."
The Helicarrier started to shake as it was preparing to set sail. You noticed others start strapping down planes and Quinjets in preparation.

* * *

*Time skip*

That night in the Helicarrier Bridge, as we are waiting to locate Loki using satellite facial recognition, I was leaning against a wall watching Agent Coulson speak with Steve.

"I mean, if it's to much trouble." Coulson said. He reminds me of a child meeting their celebrity crush. I think Coulson is fan-girling.
"No, no. It's fine." Steve said awkwardly.
I laugh at their conversation.
"It's a vintage set! It's important." I said. Steve smiles at me and laughs quietly.
"It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Slight foxing around the edges, but-" Coulson was cut off by another agent.

"We got a hit. Sixty Seven percent match." A man called Jasper Sitwell mentioned.
"Location?" I said seriously.
"Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse." Agent Sitwell answered.
"He isn't exactly hiding?" Coulson questioned.
"Harper, Captain, you're up." Fury told us.

We looked at eachother, smiled, turned back to Fury and nodded, then left for our mission.

Word count: 699
Kiwi ~🥝