Chapter 68

*The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once*

*Leah's Pov*

"Come on Tony, I say we give him a chance?" I suggested to Tony down the phone since he was still abroad.
"Look, he is just a kid. He can't handle all that."
"Well, he nearly took down Captain America?"
"Key word, 'nearly'."

"I know he is a kid Tony, but he has proven his point many times."
"So what happened just then? Look, I know you believe in Parker, and so do I, but sometimes we just have to remember that he is still a teenager and we can't risk him being in so much danger. He needs to be patient and stick to what he is doing: being a friendly neighbourhood spider man,"Tony explained.

"Come home soon?" I asked, generally missing him.
"As soon as I can, I love you."
"Love you too," I smiled as I ended the call.

I know Tony believes in Peter but he is still being a bit too strict. I feel like Peter just needs a chance to prove himself to gain true trust from Tony.

Just as I was sitting in silence, lost in my thoughts, I was interrupted by a phone call.
I wasn't expecting a call, especially since it was from an unknown number.

I decided to answer it since I had nothing better to do.

"Hello?"
"Leah is that you?" A recognisable voice said down the other line.
"Yes, this is Leah speaking......wait....StEvE?!"

I was shocked, I didn't know he could get in contact with me, what if he got caught.

"Hey Leah, it's been a while! You didn't pick up on the other phone I sent, so I decided to try you on your normal mobile; even though its a bit risky."

I was.....shocked.

"I'm so glad I'm hearing from you Steve, I really am. But, may i just ask...what phone are you talking about. I don't own another phone?"

"But I sent you a parcel in the post?"

"I'm not sure, sorry Steve. I haven't been told about it. I'll speak to Tony or Rhodes."

"HI LEAH!!!" I heard Natasha, Wanda and Sam shout down the phone.

I let out a laugh as I heard Steve hushing them away.

"Sorry about them. Anyway, I sent one to Tony as well, so maybe just ask him about it?"

"Will do, Steve. It was lovely hearing from you! And I miss you a lot," I admitted.

"I miss you too, L'."

"AND US!!"

"I miss you all!"

The call soon ended and I felt a light breeze rush past me.

"Pietro! Just the person I need!"
"Goodevening to you too," he laughed. "Whats up?"
"Oh not much. Just.....when did I recieve a letter and why has no one told me about it, huh?"

Pietros eyes widened and he rubbed the back of his head.

"Uh, I don't know what your talking about?" He laughed nervously.
"Pietro, I have known you for a very long time....I KNOW WHEN YOU'RE LYING!" I said launching towards him.

He sped behind me and I fell face first onto the sofa that was behind him. He let out a laugh and I turned around and glared at him which made him stop right away.

"You can run, but you can't hide!" I say, as he speeds off and I begin looking for him.

It had been a solid 10 mins and I finally heard rustling in the storage room that held janitor equipment.

I slowly open it and I see Pietro sitting down on a bag of toilet rolls eating chocolate buttons.

"Seriously!" Pietro huffs, giving up on running away and I let out a little laugh.

"Why is it so important to keep it away from me anyway, that's what I don't understand?"
"Look, I wasn't meant to know, I just kinda over heard Tony and Rhodey talking about it.... I just didn't want you and Tony to argue. You're my best friend, I don't like seeing you mad or upset," he explained.

"Thankyou. For caring for me, but..." I sigh, "can I just know where it is, I'll cover for you?"

"Fiiiine," Pietro laughs and leads the way.

We are In Tony's office and I had hacked into F.R.I.D.A.Y so she doesn't know that we were in there.

I looked through his desk draws, knowing where the key was beforehand.

Then at the top of a bunch of files, was a small brown envelope that was addressed to me; it had already been opened.

I took it out and locked the draw back shut, and put everything back the way it was before, so that it wasn't obvious someone had been in there.

"Coast is clear, Leah," Pietro says, closing the door behind me as we head towards the compound living room.
I open the envelope and there is a small little cell phone and a piece of paper with writing on it.

Dear Leah,

I'm going to start off by saying thankyou for everything you have done for me these past few years; I couldn't of done it without you. Breaking the law for me, going on the run from S.H.I.E.L.D. And overall trusting me with everything. I just had to let you know how grateful and how much I appreciate it all.

I also owe you a huge apology. The recent events with Tony was purely my fault. I kept a secret from him, a huge one. I thought by doing so it would protect him from the truth, but really, I was protecting myself and Bucky.

Bucky had killed Tony's parents; however, it wasn't really him. As we both know, he was brainwashed multiple times as the Winter Soldier and he didn't have a choice. But, I was still in the wrong by not letting him know. The scene you walked into was awful, I would never hurt Tony, and I've learnt from my past mistakes. He was my friend, and hopefully you can forgive me but I understand if you can't.

If you need anything, you know who to call. I'll always answer.

Love from,
Steve Rogers.

"Thankyou for telling me where this was Pietro," I hug him tightly and leave to go to my room.

Word Count:1048
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and thankyou so much for 14k reads. Also, I apologise for not publishing in 10 days, I just haven't had time to. But hopefully you like this one and I'll try my best to publish a next chapter soon.
Kiwi ~🥝