Chapter 26

*big results enquire big ambition*

*Third Person Pov*

The three were being escorted to the white van that they would be driving them to the headquarters.
"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me," Steve explained about his fight with Bucky.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago," Sam questioned.
"Zola. Buckys whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must of found him and..." before Steve could finish, Leah moved slightly so she could place her hand on his arm in comfort.

"None of that's your fault, Steve."
"Even when I had nothing, I had bucky."

Leah was about to say something when she had gripped her shoulder because it was bleeding and she was in pain. She looked away so they couldn't see her state because Leah didn't want to look weak, which she wasn't.

Sam noticed that Leah was bleeding from her shoulder and looks over to the guards determined to sort it out.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound, she is gonna bleed out here in the truck," Sam stated angrily to the guards, that didn't seem to care.

Before Sam could argue with them, one of the guards pull out an electric rod and neutralise the other guard and knocks him out. They take their helmet off, revealing themselves as Maria Hill.

"Ah, that thing was squeezing my brain." Leah smiles knowing something cool is going to happen.
Sam looks at Leah in confusion,"who's this guy?"

Agent hill digs three holes and helps Leah walk, they escape leaving Rumlow and the H.Y.D.R.A agents furious.

* * *

Hill had taken the three to a secret facility and Steve has hold of Leah, making sure she doesn't fall becsuse the loss of blood is making her a bit dizzy.

A man runs towards them, checking Leah's arm and her temperature.
"She has lost atleast a pint," Maria said, talking about Leah's shoulder.
"Maybe even 2," Sam debated.
"Let me take her."
"She will want to see him first," Maria nodded at him.

Leah and Steve look at eachother confused on who the 'him was, and Maria walked them over to a room with a man lying on a bed.

They stand there, looking at this man in shock, like they have just seen a ghost.
"About damn time!" It was Fury. Leah was sat on a chair, her wound being treated while Fury carried on speaking.

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver and one hell of a headache."

"They cut you open, your heart stopped," Leah questioned him, still taking all this information in.
"Tetrodotoxin B."
"Why all the secrecy? Why bot just tell us?" Steve asked.

"Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful," Maria started to explain.
"Cant kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust." Leah looked up at Fury, quite offended, but understanding.

* * *

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, 'Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility.' See, it's stuff like this that give me trust issues," Fury said, looking at a photo of Alexander Pierce.

"We have to stop the launch," Leah ordered.
"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore," Fury joked, making Leah chuckle to herself. He opens a case containing 3 chips.

"Whats that?" Sam wondered.
"Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they will triangulate with insight satellites becoming fully weaponsised," Maria explained.

"We need to breach those carriers."

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remain operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die."

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is H.Y.D.R.A. we need to get pass them," Fury answered.

"And maybe, just maybe, we can salvage what's left..." Leah said, thinking about it all.

"We are not salvaging anything. We are not just taking down those carriers, Leah, we're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D," Steve argued.

"S.H.I.E.L.D had nothing to do with it," Fury defended Leah.

"You gave me and Leah this mission, this is how it ends. S.H.I.E.L.D has been compromised, you said so yourself. H.Y.D.R.A grew right under your nose and you didn't even realise."

"Why do you think we are meeting in this cave? I noticed."

"And how many people paid the price before you did?"

"Lookz I didn't know about Barnes."

"Even if you had, would you of told him? Or would you have compartmentalised that too? S.H.I.E.L.D, H.Y.D.R.A, it all goes," Leah started to defend Steve after Bucky was mentioned.

"She's right. They're right," Maria said to Fury. He looks at Steve and then Sam.
"Dont look at me. I do what he does, just slower," Sam said with his hands in the air as a surrender sighn.

"Well, looks like your giving orders now Agent Harper. Leah smiles. And Steve nods in agreement.

Word Count: 841
Kiwi ~🥝