Chapter 69

*Dont stop until you're proud*

*Leah's Pov*

Peter had proven himself multiple times this past month, and I couldn't be more proud of him. He is brave, determined and won't stop till the job is done. Sort of reminds me of someone.

"You sure about this, Leah?" Tony asks, walking down the hall.
"More than sure. He is ready," I answered him. We stopped in the middle of the hallway and Tony turned to face me, looking down at me.

Nothing was said, it was just silence between us as he looked into my eyes and just smiled. I gave him a confusing look and he winked as he carried on walking.

"Oh, and don't worry I have a back up plan if it doesn't work out," Tony smirks. I just shook my head, caught up with him and held his hand as we walked the rest of the way down the hallways to meet Happy and Peter.

"Oh, there theybare. How was the ride up?" Tony grins as he saw Peter.
"Good," Happy replies sarcastically.

"Give us a minute with Peter, please," Leah says to Happy politely.
"Seriously?" Happy asks.
"Yeah, we gotta talk to the kid," Tony replies, patting him on the shoulder.

Happy sighs. "I'll be close behind."

As Happy steps back, Tony puts an arm around Peter as we all walk.

"Sorry I took your suit. I mean, You had it coming. Actually, it turns out it was the perfect sort of tough-love moment you needed, right? To urge you on, right? Wouldn't you think? Don't you think?" Tony explains and I just rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I guess," Peter replied sheepishly.
"Lets just say it was," I say.

"Miss Harper, I really-"

"You screwed the poorch hard. Big time. But then you did the right thing," I reassure him.

"You took the dog to the free clinic, you raised the hybrid puppies." I raise my eyebrow at what Tony was trying to say, holding in my laugh. ".....okay not my best analogy. I was wrong about you. I think with a little more mentoring, you could be a real asset to the team."

"To the.....to the team?" Peter stutters.
"Yeah. Anyway. There is about fifty reporters behind that door.nreal ones, not bloggers," Tony says, pointing towards a door in the corner.

I press some buttons on my watch that Tony had given me a while back and a secret compartment in the wall opens, revealing a brand new Spider man suit that I convinced Tony to make. We called it The Iron Spider Armor.

"When you're ready, why don't you try that on? And we will introduce the world to the newest official member of the Avengers: Spider-man," I place my hand on Peter's shoulder.

Peter is shocked and doesn't really know what to say as he looks at the armour in admiration.

"Yeah. Give that look," Tony says. "So after the press conference, Happy will show you to your room, your new quarters."

"Where's he between? He's next to Vision?" I turn to Happy.
"Yeah, visions not big on doors."
"Its fun," I say turning back to Tony. "You will fit right in."

There was a moment of silence before Peter spoke up.

"Thankyou, Mr Stark and Miss Harper. But I'm good," Peter smiles.

I just smirk at Tony's gobsmacked look.
"You're good? Good? How are you good?"

"Well, I mean, I'm....I'd rather stay on the ground for a little while. Friendly neighbourhood spider man. Somebody's got to look out for the little guy, right?"

Tony then dramatically takes off his glasses and looks straight at Peter in shock.

"You're turning me down? You better think about this. Look at that. Look at me. Last chance, yes or no?"

"No."

"Okay. Its kind if a Springsteen-y, working class hero vibe that I dig."

"Happy will take you home. Yeah?" I ask Happy.
"Yeah, mind waiting in the car? I need a minute," Happy said to Peter.

"Thankyou Mr Stark, and Miss Harper."
"Yes, Mr Parker. Very well."

"See you around," I say, giving Peter a hug.

Peter starts to leave with a spring in his step, but then slows to a stop and turns back to us.

"That was a test, right? There's Uh nobody back there?"

"N-" Tony began but I quickly cut him off.
"Yes, you passed. All right, skedaddle there, young buck."

Peter walks away.

"Told you he's a good kid," me and Happy say to Tony at the same time.

Pepper, who I still despise to this day, walks out of the room.
"Where's the kid?" She asks.
"He left," Happy answers.
"Everybody's waiting."
"You know what? He actually made a real mature choice. It just surprised the heck put of us," I say.

"Did you guys screw it up?"

"He told the kid to go wait in the car!" Tony points at Happy in a chilling manner.

"Are you kidding me? I have a room full of people in there waiting for some bug announcement. What an I gonna tell them?" Pepper rants.

"Think of something. How about, um....." before he could finish, he puts his hands over my ears but I could still hear.
"Hap, you still got that ring?"

"Do I...I...uh..."
"The engagement ring?"
"Are you kidding? I've been carrying this since 2010."
"Okay."

"I think, I can think of something better than that," I say between laughs, and Tony looks down and slowly takes his hands off my ears and rests his hands on my arms.

"Well, it would buy us little time?"
Tony leans down and kisses me on the lips smiling.
"Like we need time."

"I can't believe you have that thing in your pocket," I laugh.
Pepper walks into the conference room and I was behind her.

"Want me to get the door for you, hon?"
"I think i got it," I say going inside and cameras flickered.

Tony quickly follows me, catching the ring that Happy throws him and i just roll my eyes laughing.

Word Count:1011
So I haven't published in a month but I just havent been able to. I've finished school for a bit now, so hopefully I can catch up a bit. Infinity war next 😣
Go check out my marvel imagines!
Kiwi ~🥝