Chapter 6

*I'm not arguing, I'm simply just proving why I am right*

*Leah's Pov*

Steve was watching the screen until the monitor goes black. Thor who didn't even look, just listened, stands there, torn apart. They all just stand there in stunned silence. Finally, some peace and quiet around here.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Banner said, mainly aiming at me. I just smiled.
"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks.
"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not from Asguard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the tesseract." Thor explains.
"An army? From outer space?" I ask shocked but seriously.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for," Banner spoke up.
"Selvig?" Thor asks, confused.
"He's an astrophysicist," I mention. He looks at me, no emotion in his face until it changes into a sad glimmer.
"He's a friend," he states looking at me.
"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guys brain Is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him!" Bruce said sternly. Thor looked at him with a slightly angry facial expression, "have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is an Asgardian and my brother."
"He killed eighty people in two days," I say, walking towards him with caution. He is a God after all, need to give the old man some respect.
"He's adopted," he says, I giggle at his quick answer.

"I think its about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need Iridium for?" Bruce asks.
"Its a stabilising agent." Tony turned to Coulson who had just walked in. "I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive. Means the portal won't collapse on itself."

I didn't hear the rest of their conversation. I wanted to focus on why I have some sort of connection with the scepter. It was slightly scary because the last time I felt the way I did, it was when I had your first injection back at Hydra; although those memories are blury, I will never forget the feeling and pain I went through. I blocked all the noise around me, not hearing a thing apart from slight mumbles. I felt the weird feeling again so I decided to snap out of it.

Natasha was looking at me with a worried expression. She mouthed, 'You okay?'. I nodded in response, and without another word, you exited the room with confused expressions left on everyone else's faces.

* * *

*Time skip*

I walked inside the room Loki was locked up in. I tried to walk in without him noticing, him walking back and forth around his cell. I reached his cell and stood there watching him. He suddenly stopped.

"There's not many people that can sneak up on me" he says, a cold tone in his voice. He turned around and looked at me watching him, the only thing separating us was the glass cell walls.
"But you figured I'd come," I replied.
"After. After what tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate," he answered.
"I wanna know what you have done to Agent Barton," I said, a serious look on your face. I had met Barton before, and he was extremely kind to me. I was as close to him as Natasha was.

"I'd say I've expanded his mind,"
"And once you have won. Once you're king of the mountain. What happens to his mind?" I asked with worry and concern.
"Is this love Agent Harper, I thought you had something for Stark; not Barton!" He asked with a smirk.
"Love is for children. I owe Barton a debt, and for Tony? I'm his assistant. Nothing more," I said. I hated calling myself Tony's assistant. We are best friends, but I never wanted to be at first.

"Tell me," Loki says, sitting down.
I pull up a chair and sit as well,"Before I worked for S.H.I.E.L.D, I uh, well...I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skill set. I didn't care who I used it for, or on. I got out of it after becoming Tony's assistant. No one knows what I used to do. Not even him. I got on S.H.I.E.L.D's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton and Agent Romonoff where set to find me, got close to me by working for Tony. However, they made a different call, Tony never knew, and he still doesn't to this day," I explained, I never mentioned Hydra, no one knew, apart from Fury, Nat and Clint.

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?"
"Not let you out,"
"Ah, no. But I like this. Your world in balance, and you bargain for one man?" Loki laughed.
"Regimes fall everyday. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Sokovian, well, I was." I said.
"What is it you want?" Loki asked.
"Its really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out."

"Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Odett Harper's daughter? Living assassin? Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, its gushing red, and you think saving a man more virtuous than yourself will change anything?" Loki stands up angry. "This is the barest sentimentality. This is child at prayer......PATHETIC!" He screamed at me.

"You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are apart of you, and they will never go away!" He shouts. Loki slams his cell, making me flinch slightly. "I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly. Intimately. In every way he knows you fear! And when he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain, you mewling quim!"

I turn around and walk away from Loki disgusted. "You're a monster," I say slightly distraught.
"No, you brought the monster," loki says laughing.
I turn around; poised, "So, Banner......that's your play."
"What?" Loki says staggered.
I put my hand to my ear piece,"Loki means to unleash the hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." I turn to Loki with a smug look on my face,"Thankyou for your cooperation!"

I quickly walk out, leaving Loki frozen.

Word Count: 1091
Kiwi ~🥝