Chapter 32

*Every person has at least one secret that will break your heart*

*Leah's Pov*

I hardly slept last night, tossing and turning for hours on end. When I finally closed my eyes, it felt like a second before I had to open them again to my alarm.

I was going to sleep in for 5 mins, but that didn't end up happening since Natasha barged into my room.

"Leah, start getting ready. Steve is gonna make breakfast before you leave. Me and Clint are taking you to Sokovia on the Quinjet," Natasha said.

I didn't say anything, I just turned over facing the wall and hummed to Nat, letting her know I heard what she said.

I was about to fall asleep until she dragged me, litrally dragged me, out of my bed and placed me on the floor.

"Thankyou."
"Your welcome," Nat answered me, laughing on her way to the door.
"And get up!" She laughed, leaving me by myself.

I headed into my bathroom that was connected to my room, and had a shower. I put on black jeans and a plain black shirt. I went into my cupboard to grab some black and white converse.

After I sorted myself out, I walked into the compound kitchen to see Steve and Clint talking.

"You're finally up!" Clint said making me laugh.

"Ha ha very funny," I said sarcastically. "So what's for breakfast Cap?"
"Well....I burned the waffles....so its just toast..." Steve said, going red in embarrassment.

"I love toast!" Steve's head shot up, and he turned out to be really happy that I'm fine with toast. Steve is to innocent, he needs protecting at all costs.

We all ate together, and as time travveled fast, it was now 8:40am. Time to go.

* * *

I walked into the Quinjet with Natasha and Clint, Tony and Steve behind us.
"Anything suspicious, you call straight away," Steve said seriously.
"Okay."
"We mean it, don't go and do ehat you always do," Tony smiled.
"And what's that, Tony?"
"Putting yourself in danger," Nat spoke up behind me.

I roll my eyes playfully and say my goodbyes.

* * *

"So, how you coping?" Clint asked my while flying the Quinjet.
"Nervous, definitely nervous."

"Why did you agree, one of us could of taken your place."
"I have to, everyone's right. I know this place more than anyone. I know it more than they think."

"Leah, we know you. You never wanted to go there again. It's understandable, we know-" Nat began to say but I cut her off immediately.

"No! The others don't know that! Just let me do it, I would of said no otherwise."

The rest of the ride was quite silent, a few small chats here and there. But other than that, it was peaceful. Not awkward, but nice.

* * *

"You are a disappointment!" A hydra agent said to me.
"I done what was the right thing!" I argued back.
"We gave you these powers, and you go against us. To be a worthless, stupid Avenger!"

"I'm not worthless! But you are!"

"Wake up!"

What did he say, I'm clearly awake listening to his annoying voice?

"Wake up!"

"What?"

"Wake up, Leah!"

* * *

"Leah, wake up. We are here."

My eyes slowly opened to Clint shaking my shoulders.
"I'm awake, I'm awake."

"Are you okay?" Natahsa asked me as I stood up.
"Yeah, I'm fine why?"
"You just seem a bit shaken up."
"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Remember, your a normal citizen. Just visiting the place you were raised. Keep an eye out, on anything suspicious. Okay?" Clint said.

"Mhm."

Before I left, they both pulled me back into a group hug. They knew I was scared, I just didn't want to say anything. We let go, and I waved as I walked off the Quinjet.

"I hope she will be okay," I just about heard Clint say.
"She will be fine, it's Leah," Natasha answered him.

"Welcome home Leah," I mumbled to myself .

Word Count: 663
Kiwi ~🥝