Chapter 41

*it's the people that make a party awesome, not the drinks*

*Third Person Pov*

I have been in the party for about 15 minutes and I left Natasha go flirt with Mr Banner,  *wink* *wink*.

I was with Tony and Thor, listening to Rhodes' boring story that apparently was, "amazing", according to him.

"Well, you know, the suit can take weight right? So I take the tank, fly it up to the General's Palace, drop it at it's feet, I'm like: 'boom you looking for this'?" Rhodes had definitely got all big headed from that story.

I look up at Tony who I was standing next to and we turn back to Rhodey blankly.

"Boom are you looking.....why do I  even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills, " he said defeated.

"That's the whole story?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's a warmachine story!" He said exaggerating his words.

"Well, it's very good then," Thor began to laugh.
"Its impressive," I finished Thor's sentence.

"Quantity sace. So no Pepper? She not coming?" James began to change the subject.
"No," Tony said blankly.

I was glad she wasn't coming otherwise I would of gotten so drunk, I probobly would of ended up murdering her.

"Hey, what about Jane? Where are all the ladies?" Maria spoke coming up from behind us, and she wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"Well, miss Potts has a company to run," I answered her smuggly, getting a slight grin from Tony, but he washed it away quickly.

"Yes, I'm not sure what country Jane is in. Her work on the Convergence has made her the words foremost astronomer," Thor began to brag.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. Its pretty exciting," Tony started getting competitive.

"Wasn't there talk of Jane getting a...um...Nobel prize, Thor?" I stuck up for Thor and I recieved a delightful eye roll from Tony.
"Yes, yes I think so."

"Looks like they must be busy. They would hate missing you guys together," Maria said sarcastically.
"Testosterone!" I coughed mockingly.

Maria and Rhodes left to get another drink and I went to see Steve and Sam, leaving Thor and Tony to their lovely talk.

* * *

"Finally, you come to greet the best people!" Sam said, his arms open for a hug, which I gladly accepted.

Sam was a good trustworthy friend, just as close to me as the rest. I'm glad I met him during the....S.H.I.E.L.D fiasco.

"Ah, well. Couldn't miss the competitive girl fight between Tony and Thor, yano?" I laughed.
"Jane and Pepper, maybe?" Steve smirked.
"Oh 100%."

"How is it? Between you and Tony?" Sam began to ask me.
"What do you mean?"
"Like, with Pepper and stuff."
"I'm fine with Tony. But Pepper? Haven't seen her since. Not planning on seeing her either; otherwise it would get messy," I explained to them both.

"I mean, I wouldn't wanna miss it," Steve joked. He stuck up for me during that fight, whether he was there or not. He allowed me into his home, he was being a good friend. I couldn't ask for more.

"Well, if it ever happens, call me. I'd be there to help you in a matter of seconds!" Sam mentioned taking a sip of his drink.

* * *