Chapter 44

*Your ignorance is their power*

*Third person Pov*

"So, how on EARTH, did this happen?!" Leah shouted at Tony, but carefully at Bruce....just incase he broke out.
"Well, erm. Long story," Tony said nervously and was given a dark glare by Leah.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the Internet as an escape hatch," Bruce let us know.
"Ultron," Steve mumbled, taking in the name of the robot that just tried to kill them all.

"He has been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about eachother," Leah scoffed.
"He is in your files, he is in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" James Rhodes questioned.
"Nuclear codes," Maria stated, answering Rhodey.

"Nuclear codes," he repeated, agreeing."Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."
"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead," Natasha said.
"He didn't say dead," Leah began, Steve finishing her sentence, "he said extinct."

"He also said he killed someone," Clint brought up.
"But there wasn't anyone else in the building," Maria commented.
"Yes there was," Tony corrected.

Leah knew who, and she walked over to the middle of the room, bringing up a destroyed 3D, bright orange, image of J.A.R.V.I.S' consciousness.
"This is insane!" Bruce gasped astonishingly.

"J.A.R.V.I.S was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense," Leah presentated, gesturing towards the messed up image.

"Ultron could have assimilated J.A.R.V.I.S. This isn't strategy, this is...rage," Bruce added.

On the spur of the moment, Thor grabs hold of Stark by his throat, holding him up against a wall in resentment.

"Woah woah woah! It's going around," Clint raised his voice at Thor.
"Come on. Use your words," Tony told Thor, struggling to speak, due to Thor's grip.

"I have more that enough words for you, Stark."
"Thor! The Legionnaire," Steve said. Thor turned his head to Steve, then back at Tony, lowering him down.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out, but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again," Thor explained and Leah ran her hands through her hair in reaction, with a sigh.

"The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron."
"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Helen Cho asked Tony and Bruce.

All at once, Tony starts laughing, and Banner shakes his head, getting Tony to stop.

"You think this is funny!" Leah raised her voice at Tony, as Thor patted her shoulder in agreement.
"No, it's probobly not right? Is this very terrible? Is it so...is it so....it's so terrible," Tony said, not taking the situation seriously.

"This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand!" Thor defended Leah.

"No, I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this," he aimed the last bit at Leah, thinking that she would of understood it at the start, but instead, he recieved the complete opposite.

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time..." Bruce mumbled but was cut of by Tony.
"Really?! Thats it? You just roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls," Tony gets mad at Banner, for not sticking up for him.

"Only when I've created a murder bot," he muttered softly.
"We didn't. We weren't even close. We're we close to an interface?"
"Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The avengers were supposed to be different than S.H.I.E.L.D," Steve responded.

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?"
"No, it's never come up," Leah rolled her eyes.
"Saved New York?"
"Never heard of that," Rhodes joined in with Leah's sarcasm towards Tony.

"Recall time: A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We are standing three hundred feet below it. We are the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's, that's the endgame. How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony asked.

"Together," Steve spoke up after a moment of silence.
"We will lose."
"Then we will do that together, too."

"Thor's right. Ultrons calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he is ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller," Leah divulged, not really liking what could happen between the team and Ultron.

This may be their next big mission.

Word Count: 752
Hi.
I'm bored in Lockdown. But I prefer being home than going back to school🥲
Oh well!
Kiwi ~🥝