Chapter 27

*I am a soldier. I fight where I am told and I win where I fight.*

*Third Person Pov*

Steve was standing on a bridge, thinking back to when Bucky had fought him and didn't know who Steve was. It broke Steve to think that he never remembered him or recognised him. Bucky made Steve happy they were like brothers and back during the war, that's all Steve had: Bucky Barnes.

As he was watching iver the bridge, he had a flashback to a time he spent with Bucky after Steve's Mother's funeral.

"We looked for you after. My folks wanted to give you a ride to the cemetery," Bucky told Steve.

They started walking towards Steve's apartment.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just.....kind of wanted to be alone," Steve answered full of sorrow.
"How was it?" Bucky asked sympathetically.
"It was okay. She's next to Dad."

"I was gonna ask....." bucky began to say but Steve cut him off.

"I know what you are gonna say Buck, I just..."
"We can put the couch cushions on the floor like when we were kids. It will be fun. All you gotta do is shine my shoes, maybe take out the trash," Bucky joked around.

He noticed that Steve was looking for his keys when they approached the apartment door. Bucky kicked a brick aside, picks up the keys that were placed under it, and gives them to Steve.

"Come on."
"Thankyou Buck, but I can get by on my own."
"The thing is, you don't have to." Bucky gives a friendly pat on the shoulder to Steve.

"I'm with you till the end of the line, pal."

* * *

Steve's thoughts and memories were interrupted as Sam joins him on the bridge, leaning against the wall of it.

"He is gonna be there, you know?" Sam reassured Steve.
"I know."
"Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop."

"I don't know if I can do that," Steve said with a lack of confidence. Seeing bucky definitely hit hard for Steve.

"Well, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you."
"He will. Gear up, it's time," Steve ordered, changing the subject slightly to be more serious.

"You gonna wear that?" Sam asked jokey.
"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform," Steve laughed.

* * *

Steve sneaks into Smithsonian Museum and went into the WWII/Captain America expedition and stole the suit that was on a manican and left straight away.

Later, a guard walks into that room when he looks over to it and notices the Captain America uniform that was on the dummy has been stolen.

"Oh man. I am so fired!" He said to himself, stunned.

Word Count: 468
Kiwi ~🥝