Chapter 31

*some secrets are meant to stay hidden*

*Leah's Pov*

Me and Steve had met at a local coffee shop, to get a drink before we head to the compound, to talk about an oncoming mission. We had news that we think that we have found a H.Y.D.R.A base, but they never informed us where.

"Hi can I have 2 coffee's please?" Steve asked
"Eer..sure...?" The Barista answered questionably. I don't know why, we only asked for a coffee.
"Is there a problem sir?" I asked politely.
"Oh no, it's just....your a girl...shouldn't you be getting all the supplies for the man?" He asked....what...???
"I'm sorry?"
"Yeah like...isn't it the woman's job?"

"We can leave the drinks, forget we asked for any, we will be leaving now." I took my cap off and sunglasses and put them in my bag as I was leaving, but an arm pulled me back to stop me. Me and Steve turned around confused on why the Barista had done so.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know that you were Leah Harper. If I knew I wouldn't of said anything," he quickly apologised.
"Oh I'm sorry, so you would of said that to any other woman?"
"Well...kind of yeah?"

"No, you are disrespectful and whether I'm Leah Harper or not, never treat anyone like that. Ever! Do you hear me?"

Steve just stood there in shock, not knowing what to say. I noticed a lot of people recording so I grabbed Steve's arm and left the Coffee shop. No morning drink for me then. Sorry Steve.

* * *

We walked into the briefing room and I walked in quite frustrated and Steve followed in behind me. It was quite funny to see him so scared of me. I guess no one likes it when I'm angry!

I sat in-between Natasha and Tony.
"Well, your trending?" Rhodey said to me smiling.
"Did you wake up and choose to die?" I said glaring at him. He put his hands up in surrender.
"What happened?" Natasha asked me, understanding the situation because she has been through sexist situations before.

"Ugh, don't even get me started. Save yourself before I end up ripping someone's organs out."
She laughed at my comment and it did make me feel a bit better.
"Okay Cap, what you got?" I asked Steve who was waiting patiently infront of the board.

"Okay, so. We have seen movement and signals of Loki's scepter in a Europe,"
Everyone nodded, allowing Steve to carry on talking.
"We need someone to go undercover there, to look around the specific area to see if there is anything suspicious. Or even better, actually see if there is a H.Y.D.R.A base there."

"And where about in Europe might this be?" Clint asked. I picked up my glass of water and took a sip of it while Steve answered.

"Sokovia."

I litrally choked on my water and everyone in the briefing room looked at me confused.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked. Natasha and Clint looked at eachother then back at me, sympathetically and a bit anxious. They're the only people that know my history.

"Sokovia?" Steve said confused.

"Hey, your from Sokovia right?" Tony asked in a way.
"Well..technically yes... I travelled around the world a lot..." I answered, being careful on how I explain.

"Well, that's good. You could be the person who goes undercover since you know about it," Bruce suggested.

"Maybe I should," Natasha said quickly.
"I don't know Natasha, Leah knows Sokovia better than any of us. I even remember your accent," Tony said.
"Yeah I agree," Rodey said.
"Well isn't it up to Leah, not any of you?" Clint said defensively.

Everyone looked at me, waiting for an answer.
"When's the mission?" I asked.
"As soon as possible," Steve answered me.
Natasha and Clint were looking at me, worry across their faces.

"Fine." After I answered I walked out straight away, scared on going back there. I just didn't want to sound suspicious. If anything happens, they will have my back...right?

* * *

I was in my room at the compound and I was at my desk, writing in my notebook. I was designing a smart watch that would turn into any weapon I ask for, and I would have J.A.R.V.I.S connected to it...or maybe even my own.

I turned over my page, deciding that I'd design my own AI. I decided to call her F.R.I.D.A.Y, and she would be Irish. Compared to J.A.R.V.I.S, she will be far more reserved when it comes to the other Avengers, willing to talk only to, and take orders from only me.

My thoughts were intruded when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!"
Steve walked through the door with a file in his hands. He walked up to where I was sitting and placed down the File.

"Thats everything you need to know about the mission," he said and I picked it up scanning through it quickly.
"Thankyou."

"Hey, what's up? You don't have to do the mission just because everyone said so."
"I know, but it's what's best for the team," I reassured smiling at him.

"Tomorrow morning be okay?"
"Perfect," I answered.
"If you need anything, you know where to find me."
I said goodbye and got back to working on my watch and AI.

* * *

"TONYYY!!" I shouted, walking through his Lab.
"Mhm," he mumbled, working on his computers.
"I need your help." He turned around to see my with a bunch of papers in my hand.
"Well this is new. What's up?"

"Can you help me make my AI? It would be faster with an extra hand because I need it by tomorrow morning," I explained.

"Fiiiiine," he said jokey.

We both got started straight away, and it was soon 12:37am.

"Thankyou Tony, I owe you!" I called, exiting his lab....we may of finished at like 11pm but we just stayed in the office talking, losing track of time. Typical best friend talks.

"No problem!" I saw him turn back around, continuing what he was doing before I interrupted him earlier.

I guess I have a new AI.

I got to my room to test her out.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y?"
"Yes Miss Harper? How may I help you today?"
"Oh it's okay, I just wanted to say welcome!" I said excitedly.
"Well it's great to be here Miss Harper."

I loved her already.

Word Count: 1073
Kiwi ~🥝