Chapter 15

*True friends are always together in spirit*
[CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER]

*Steve's Pov*

Me and Leah have been living together for 2 months, nearly three. She is definitely a great roommate, and doesn't hesitate to help around the house. I said to her she didn't have to pay rent, but she insisted. Leah always wins those little arguments.

I was on a run, and I decided to annoy this man who was also on a run. I quickly catch up to him and run past.
"On your left," I say, smirking as I say it. As he continues to jog, I quickly catch up after doing another lap.
"On your left"
"Uh-huh, on my left. Got it," I hear him say, I smiled at his comment.
I do another quick lap and just as I'm about to run past he quickly says, "Don't say it! Don't you say it!"
"On your left!" I say, laughing.
"Oh come on man!"

I see him catching his breath, leaning against a tree and I walk over to him.
"Need a medic?" I ask jokey. He laughs knowing I'm just joking. I like guys like that, don't take everything so seriously.
"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in 30 mins," he jokes back.
"I guess I got a late start," I say sarcastically.
"Oh really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap," he answered smirking.

We talked for a a few mins, getting to know a bit about eachother before I got a message off Leah.

Leah: Misson alert. Extraction imminent. Meet at the curb. :)
Steve: Copy that!
Leah: you could of just said alright like a normal person old man 😂

I look up from my phone laughing at Leah's cheeky comment. She never failed to make me laugh.
"Alright, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the run," I thank him.
We shake hands and he adds,"Okay, any time you wanna stop at the Va. Make me look cool infront of the lady at the front desk?" He asked laughing.
"I'll keep it in mind," I answered.

Before we could talk anymore, Leah pulls up in her car by the curb and rolls down her window.

"Hey fellas. Either one of you know where Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil," she said to me and Sam, smirking.
"Thats hilarious."
I walk over to her car and Sam gives Leah and her car an appreciative look.

"How you doing?" He asks Leah smiling.
"Heya," leah said smiling back at him.
"Cant run everywhere," I said to Sam.
"No, no you can't!" He laughed back.
"Thanks for taking care of this old man..." she was about to say his name when she realised, she doesn't actually know his name.
"Sam, Sam Wilson."
"Leah Harper. Nice to meet ya!"
He nodded smiling at both me and Leah. He watched us as Leah quickly pulls away and drives off, waving as she drove past Sam.

* * *

*Time Skip*

*Leah's Pov*

Flying over the Indian ocean, me and Steve were with S.H.I.E.L.D agents, led by a man called Brock Rumlow.
"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago," Rumalow explained the background.

"Any demands?" Steve questioned.
"A billion and a half."
"Why so steep?"
"Because its S.H.I.E.L.D's."
"So it's not off course, it's trespassing,"

"I'm sure they have a good reason," I reassured Steve.
"You know, I'm tired of being Fury's little Janitor," Steve stated, starting to get a little annoyed.
"Relax, it's not that complicated."
"How many pirates?"
"Twenty five, top merces, led by this guy. George's Batroc," Rumalow answered. He shows me and Steve the photo of Batroc on the monitor, I furrowed my eyebrows while looking at it.

"Hostages?" Steve asked.
"Uh....mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell." I recognised the name that Rumalow said, it just couldn't come to mind. Like he read my mind, he pulled up a photo of Sitwell on the screen. I knew I knew him. I guess I'm just careless to remember people that are not important to me.

"Whats sitwell doing on a launch ship? L', you kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumalow, you find the hostages." I nod at my orders.
"Let's move"

"Secure channel 7" I walk to stand next to Steve.
"Seven secure. Did you do anything fun Saturday night while I was out with Nat?" I ask, genuinely curious.
"Well all the guys from the barber shop quartet are dead....so, no, not really,"
"IF YOU ASKED YOU COULD OF CAME OUT WITH ME AND NATASHA..I THOUGHT YOU WERE BUSY!!" I shouted, trying my best not to laugh. His eyes widened and he couldn't stop smiling.
"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from statistics, she'd probobly say yes," I suggest to him.
"Thats why I don't ask."
"Too shy or too scared?" Trying to hold my laugh in.
"Too busy!" He said, jumping out of the jet. I just rolled my eyes at him, chuckling.

"Was he wearing a parachute?" A strike agent asks concerned.
"No. No he wasn't," Rumalow said smiling.

Word Count: 873
Kiwi ~🥝