Chapter 30

*I plan on bugging you everyday for the foreseeable future*

*Third Person Pov*

"Thanks Nat."
"No problem, call me when or if, you want me to pick you up," Natasha winks at Leah.
"Oh shush, I'll be in and out of that building within a minute....if pepper isn't there."
"Oh, if she is there, give her a piece of yours and my mind!" Natasha jokes
"Oh, will do!" Leah jokes back

* * *

*Tony's Pov*

I was in my lab, at Stark Tower after everything that happened with A.I.M, and I was just working on my suits. I seen that a lot of information was released to the Internet, when I mean a lot, I mean a lot.

That was all thanks to Leah. But it's fine because she would of only done it for a good reason. I was told S.H.I.E.L.D was compromised and that Leah, Steve and a friend of theirs called Sam sorted it out.

Leah had left, quit, and went to live with Steve. I haven't been the same since she had gone, but I deserved it. I treated her like crap and I didn't even see her for Christmas. I just wish I could apologise to her, but I don't know where she would be.

"Tony?" Am I hallucinating? Did I? Whaaat?

* * *

*Leah's Pov*

I walked inside Stark Tower to be greeted by Happy....who was definitely very happy to see me.

"LEAH, YOU CANT LEAVE EVER AGAIN ITS NOT FAIR ON ME!" happy shouted at me emotionally, pretty much crying.

"I'll think about it," I answered him jokey, and he embraced me in a quick hug.
"Just, just come whenever you like please."
"I will, I promise. I've just been...busy."

"Oh I know. Your even more famous now than you already were."

We talked for a few mins, and he finally took me to Tony's lab. He let me walk in alone so i can talk to Tony in private. He is very respectful.

I walk in, slowly at first and I see him working on one of his suits.
"Tony?" His head shot up, but he wasn't facing me. His back was. He didn't turn around for a few seconds, probobly taking in what he just heard.

He turned around, him wearing one of his suits without the blazer. He must of just came in here from a meeting.

He didn't even say anything, he walked straight up to me and embraced me in a hug. I smiled, missing him. He was my best friend after all.

"Leah...I..." he began to stutter so I let him take a minute and I started to speak.
"Tony, I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't be sorry. I'm the one that needs to apologise. Look, I'm sorry for the times I hurt you, for the times I got drunk and said mean things. I'm sorry about Pepper and I'm sorry for every other reason you are so angry at me. I know my apologies don't mean shit to you; but aside from that, all i can do is promise to try to be better from now on. That is if you still want to be Tony Stark's best friend....."

I didn't know what to say. I just started at him, motionless to the situation. I was overwhelmed by his small little speech and it meant everything to me.

"I hate it when we fight. And I hate it even more when I realise that it's all my fault. I am so sorry. Just please forgive me." He finished.

"I'll have to think about it," I joked, a big smile spread across my face. He rolled his eyes and pulled me in for another hug.

"Ahaa you missed mee," I laughed.
"Meh," he joked back walking breaking the hug.
"You busy tonight? We could get something to me, and I'll play!" Tony said, a smug look on his face again.

"Tomorrow, because I'm going apartment hunting. Mine and Steve's got kinda ruined."
I could tell Tony hated me living with Steve, but he knew we were just close friends; so it helped him relax a bit. I don't know why he is so bothered anyway.

"You can just move back here?" He tried to offer.
"Tony, you know I can't. Look, I'm trying to find me and Steve separate apartments, be more independent yano?"
He nodded at me, a slight frown on his face.
"I'll stay sometimes, visit."
"Yeah, that would be cool."

Me and Tony talked for a while, just trying to catch up with eachother and it seemed to be back to normal. It was like nothing ever happened. And I'd like to keep it that way.

Word Count: 780
Kiwi ~🥝