Chapter 23

*no one escapes from life alive*

*Third person Pov*

After eating breakfast and figuring out a plan, Sam, Steve and Leah head to get into position for their mission.

After their meeting, Sitwell walks out the building with Senator Stern.

"Listen, I gotta fly home tonight, cause uh.....I got some constituency problem, and I gotta press the flesh," Senator started saying to Sitwell, as they're walking down the steps.
"Any constituent in particular, Mr Senator?" Sitwell asked.

They finished of speaking and before they leave and go their separate ways, Senator brings in Sitwell into a hug and whispers,"Hail H.Y.D.R.A."

Once they pull apart, they start talking about something random, just incase someone was suspicious.

Sitwell's phone starts ringing and he looks at the contact: Pierce.
"I need a minute," Sitwell ordered the security that was with him, and turned back around.
"Yes sir?"

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious." The voice on the other end of the call said.
"Who is this?" Sitwell questioned nervously.
"The good looking guy in the sunglasses, your ten o'clock."

Sitwell looks around but doesn't see the person.
"Your other ten o'clock." Sitwell turns the other way and sees Sam sitting a few feet away from him, looking straight at the agent.
"There you go!" Sam said jokey.

"What do you want?" Sitwell said anxiously, but trying to keep his cool. But it washed away as quickly as expected.
"You're gonna go around the corner, to your right. There's a grey car, two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride," Sam explained calmly.

"And why would I do that?"
"Because that tie looks really expensive, and I'd hate to mess it up."

Sitwell looks down at his neat toe and sees a small red light from a gun being pointed at him, That was Leah unseen. She wouldn't of shot it, however they only done it to scare him into listening and agreeing.

* * *

Steve throws Sitwell across a rooftop, Leah following behind with a serious look on her face.
"Tell me about Zola's algorithm!" Steve demanded.
"Never heard of it."
"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve interrogated.
"I was throwing up, seasick.

Steve forces Sit to the edge of the rooftop, holding him by the top of his blazer. Sitwell just looks at him, smiling.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style Rogers," Sitwell laughed.

"You're right. It's not. It's hers." Steve steps aside gesturing and arm towards Leah as she walks up to him and doesn't hesitate to kick him off the roof. Sitwell plummets down screaming in fear.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura?" Leah asked, bringing up a date suggestion again.
"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" Steve asked.
"Yeah, she's cute."
"Yeah, I'm not ready for that," He laughed.

Sitwells screaming stopped when Sam, I'm his Falcon jet-pack suit with wings, flies up holding sitwell from the back of his Blazer, and throwing him down into the roof.

Steve and Leah walk towards Sitwell, as he holds his hands up in fear.
"Zola's algorithm is a program....for choosing insights targets!" Sitwell surrended.
"What targets?" Leah asked.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the undersecretary of defense, Captain America, a high school Valedictorian in Iowa City. Bruce Banner, Stephan Strange, anyone who is a threat to H.Y.D.R.A! Now or in the future!" He gave in.

"The future? How could it know?" Steve asked confused on what he meant.
"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught H.Y.D.R.A how to read it."

Steve and Leah look at eachother, hoping the other knew what he was talking about, and looked back at Sitwell, their eye brows furrowed.

"Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, email's, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict the future," sitwell finished.

"And what then?" Leah asked.
"Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me."
"Did you not hear her? What then!?" Steve ordered an answer.
"Then the insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

Leah and Steve looked at eachother, stunned with shocked expressions. Not expecting what they were told.

Word Count: 721
Kiwi ~🥝