Chapter 37

*crazy nights create the best moments*

*Leah's Pov*

I don't know what had happened to Tony, I don't know if I accidently hit him with my powers without realising. It would make sense considering my powers work on their own when we're around the scepter, but I can't be sure. It's never happened before.

Tony acted like nothing happened, didn't speak to me about it at all. Me and him decided to go back to my hotel so I could grab my bags and clothes, ready to go back home.

We headed into the Lobby and all eyes turned to us, and I got a few confused looks. It was expected, no one realised it was me since I always wore sunglasses and hats.

"Excuse me, you need to book a room?" The receptionist said softly, scared of Tony and I.

"Oh, I already have a room here, Jade Henderson."
"But...your..."
"Yes I'm Leah Harper, but I needed to use my fake name for a mission," I answered her.
"Oh, well it's an honor!" She called back while me and Tony were walking to the stairs.

"Are you telling me, that you had to walk up these stairs multiple times?" Tony asked me, slightly out of breath as we reached the 7th floor.
"Well, it was only like twice," I laughed.
"Still done it. I should buy them an elevator!" He said dramatically, expressing his arms in the air for over exaggeration. I shook my head at him laughing.

I grab my key out of my pocket and unlocked the door. We walked in and Tony's face relaxed a bit, seeing that the room was actually nicer than expected.

"So it is nice."
"Yes it is, thankyou."

We grabbed my stuff and as we were leaving we handed back my keys to the workers.

"Come another time! Please!" The receptionist called to us as we walked out. Funny people sometimes.

* * *

We were just heading out of Sokovia on the Quinjet, and I sat next to Natasha and Bruce.

"The lullaby worked better than ever," I said to Natasha, Bruce removing his headphones to join in the conversation.

"Just wasn't expecting a code green," Bruce smiled shortly at me.
"If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties," Natasha praised him.
"Mine and Nat's best friend would've been a treasured memory," I continued.

Bruce looked at me, in a bit of a disappointed expression, to both me and Nat.

"You know, sometimes exactly what I want to here, isn't exactly what I want to hear," he said calmly.

"How long until you trust us?" Natasha asked Bruce.
"Its not you I don't trust."

I sighed and turned to Thor who was walking towards us.
"Thor, report on the hulk?" I asked him.

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims," Thor stated proudly. I glared at him, letting him know that he shouldn't of said that, after Bruce let out a groans in anguish.

"Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh....wouded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoid and, and uh....and gout," Thor stuttered trying to make the situation better.

"Great save Thor," I said standing up patting his shoulder. I don't think he understands sarcasm because a bright smile spread on his face, thinking that he actually saved what he was saying.

I walked over to Tony who was sitting down at the front where all the controls were based.
"Hey banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony turned to Bruce.

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around," He answered him sweetly.

"Thanks."
"Can you tell her to prep everything, Barton's gonna need the full treatment?" I asked Tony.
"Did you hear that J.A.R.V.I.S?" Tony asked him.
"Yes sir. You want me to go ahead and  inform Dr.Cho?"
"Mhm."

"J.A.R.V.I.S take the wheel," Tony ordered.
"Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked."

"So, how was Sokovia for the day you stayed?" Tony asked me.
"Okay, would never like to fo again though," I laughed nervously.
"But you were born there? Why wouldn't you?" He asked genuinely curious.
"Just, not good memories? Family shit, that's all."
"Fair enough, did you get the food though?" You laughed shaking your head and looking back up at him.
"The hotel food didn't look pleasant." He frowned jokey.

We walked iver to Thor and Steve.

"It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since S.H.I.E.L.D collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." Tony asked looking down at the scepter.

"No, but this....this brings it to a close," thor answered happily, but also a hint of sadness.
"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons," Steve started to speak, then looks at me. "Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?"

I was the only known person with real powers, Steve's serum doesn't exactly count. So, being introduced to two knew enhanced people, it was something new...to them, but not me.

"Well....what if it wasn't the scepter?" I suggested, knowing I was quite right.

[A/n: I'm changing up Wanda's and Pietros back story a tiny bit to make sense for Leah's background.]

They looked at me confused.
"How did you get your powers Leah, you've never really told us?" Steve asked me.
I just shrugged and walked away, leaving them stunned.

I didn't want to tell them. Not yet. I went to sit back next to Natasha and I just layer my head in her shoulder, her resting her head on my head too.

Word Count: 962
Kiwi ~🥝