♥️60♠️

Jackson's view

Not only my racing heart, but also the pain in her was really bothering me lately. With closed eyes, and a hand on my heart, I waited for it to calm down again. Damn, I had completely forgotten how beautiful she was!

Damn, woman!

She enchanted me with her beauty and made an idiot out of me for the second time. I was sure, she was the revenge for all the women in my past life, that I had disrespected (as she liked to call it), there was no other way to explain my feelings for her.

Because only I know, how worried I was when I didn't found her next to me in the morning after our last night. I looked for her in the whole house and checked every corner. I even went outside and looked for her in the forest. And damn... I even jumped into the lake like an idiot, because I thought she might have fallen in!

I was so damn afraid and kept blaming me for being so careless!

I wanted to tear the whole place apart to look for her, but as soon as I was out of the house a bit longer, I got the feeling that she maybe was back again and looking for me, too. Out of helplessness I called Wayne and asked him to look for on his way to me, because I thought that she run into town to get bread, or other needs I don't know, vegetables, fruits, anything! The way was too far away without the car and maybe she got lost??

Damn, I thought of so many possibilities, so many things that could have happened, but not about the fact that she had left without saying anything, not even a moment! Until Wayne saw the bag on the coat rack, while he entered the hut.

"Jackson, what is that?! Why are leaving this so close to the door?", Wayne showed me after I came out of the bedroom again, where I had just changed.

"What the fuck ist that, damn?!", I asked still annoyed and snatched the bag out of his hand.

"There's money in......... a lot..", he said and then I saw it myself.

"About 40.000$..", I said after briefly scanning the money. I was sure, that I didn't had that much cash with me.

"Isn't that yours?"

"Probably yes, but I didn't bring that much cash with me, I'm sure. And this bag wasn't last night here either..", I remembered clearly.

"But someone must have put it on here. Do you think it was this, Elra?", he asked and I looked at him irritated. "I can't think of anything else, Jackson. She's not here, but therefore a bag with a lot of money, what was yesterday not here at all.."

"But why should Elra give me 40.000$..", I started and felt silent again. An absurd thought came to me and after thinking a bit and counting up and down, I realized that it was about the same amount that I had given her as Roy. But why should she give it back to me?? She worked for the money! And the longer I thought, the more absurd it seemed to get.

I mean, we still wanted to travel together and she hadn't inticated that she didn't wanted to go on these trips with me. Everything was going so well. So why should she run away or give me the money back, it just didn't make sense!

"What do you want to do now?"

"I don't know Wayne, let's check the woods again. Maybe I didn't looked good enough, or didn't hear her at all. Maybe she was unconscious for a moment, so she couldn't her my sceams for her. Maybe she's now awake again.."

"Well..", Wayne laughed. "I don't think that the situation is that dramatic. You're exaggerating a bit, don you think so, too?"

"But the fact, that she just left without a notice is just.... not possible Wayne! Everything was so.... perfect. I even gave her what she wanted from the start!", I said and still couldn't believe it.