OFF LIMIT TERRITORIES

Author's Note-
I had to reorganize my chapters, because they had become too long and inconsistent. So probably some of the comments might be out of reference, for which I am terribly sorry.

I do read them though, and they make my day, so please do keep em' coming.

Enjoy :)

I tuck my hair tendril behind my ear and enter the empty auditorium. Only that it isn’t empty.

Few members of the council were already here, checking through the things and I spot Josh, Brit, and Trevor. TREVOR?

He is standing with Collins, cross checking some papers and I freeze momentarily, drinking in his view. He is in too dark a blue suit, the one that’s almost black if you don’t see it attentively. Which I am.

The white linen shirt has it’s first two buttons open and his thin, black tie hangs loosely around his neck.

Trevor Matthews looked ah-mazing. And I had known it since the first time I set my eyes upon him.

But I had to remember, Trevor is the first person on the list of to-avoid people.

I take a few tentative steps towards them, barely controlling my thumping heart and I lick my lips nervously in anticipation of the night’s events. He gets clearer with every step I take and I watch him like a hawk.

His eyes are the ones reminding me of his familiarity, as they focus on some paper and the lines on his forehead are slightly creased in attention. His pink lips are pressed into a thin line as he listens to Collins speak and nod between lines. I reach them silently and turn my attention to Collins who acknowledges me immediately.

“Tessa, you’re here. Good. You look nice-“

I blush. Profusely. Not because of Collins’ compliment, but the two eyes I know are set hard upon me. I do not look at him.

“Thank you, sir.”

“I was just showing the sequence of events to Trevor here, come on, join in.”

I step closer to the only person next to me to look into the papers, and it happens to be Trevor. Our arms brush lightly and I divert all my attention to the paper in front of me.

His cologne comes hitting into me. The musk, his regular. I zone out Collins’ voice and stare deep into the watch on the wrist, beside me, holding the paper. It is dark, big, and expensive. Cartier? Or maybe a-

“TESSA?” I look up, Collins looking at me expectantly and I bite the inside of my cheeks in embarrassment.

“Yes, sir?”

“I was saying, I hope you have the welcome address ready. You two will be making it together. So just go through it once.”

“Yes sir.” He says, in his deep, moving voice and I take a deep breath, as I nod.

I can barely stand with him this close. How the living hell am I supposed to dance with this creature, that too when he’ll be holding me. Collins walks away, leaving me alone with him and we stand silent for a minute, before he speaks.

“I have the addressing here, maybe you want to look at it once-“

“I need some air.” I scurry off, without looking at his eyes, leaving him, standing confused.

It’s not his fault. It’s just every time I am with him, I am reminded of everything we had together. Everything that Hardin wouldn’t be. And that’s a no-go zone for me.