WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM

I hurriedly rummage around my things as I make my way down the hallway.Why does it have to be so many papers! I can’t find my impending assignment and I have to complete it before the next class.

I continue my battle when I run into someone and just happen to save my papers form being scattered. That’s when I look up.

“Uh, hey.”

“Hi.”

“Uh, you left early. So I didn’t really get a chance to talk, so-“

“Yeah I know.”

“I’m really sorry, Lily. I didn’t-, I shouldn’t have said that. I didn’t mean all of that.”

“I know.”

“Yeah, so…”

“So tomorrow’s the revealing.”

“Yes. I had no idea that they named it that.”

“Seems we’re at some Shakespearean drama premiere.”

“Macbeth. At least that’s what I thought of.” We both laugh lightly and I hope this to be our little white flag. We’re so good together and I really don’t want to fight with Lily, of all people.

This is a weird situation. I don’t know if we’re cool, or what I should say next. Because I definitely don’t want to ruin it.

“I’m happy Lily, I really am. Now that you’re here.” Which is completely true. I really missed her and her banter, even though it has been just a few hours.

“And I will be, always. Even tomorrow.”

“Um, tomorrow?”

“Yeah. The revealing, remember?” I stand there with my mouth open, unable to form words. Does she still think-

“Lily, do you still think I’m going to contest?”

“Yeah, I mean tomorrow is the reve-“

“I can’t believe this. I thought this was supposed to mean that things are okay between us.”

“And they will be, Tessa  , if you jus-“

“If I just what? Oh my god, you’re not going to give in are you? This is unbelievable. Listen I’m getting late, I’ll see you later.”

I storm off in the opposite direction in full speed. Lily has totally lost it. I almost thought that everything would be okay. I just don’t get why she’s making such a big issue out of thi-

“What the hell!”

“Fuck!”

I run full force into someone and this time I fail to save my papers that fly all over the place where I am standing. I look up and of course, who else.

“What is your problem, Scott?”

“I could ask you the same thing. It seems you just can’t keep off me.” He speaks out venomously. I bend down and start gathering up my things.

I’m almost sure a pair of hands must have been helping me, and when I don’t spot them, I look up. And find them crossed across his toned chest. So much for chivalry.

“Oh please, don’t stop on my account. And look over for a pair of eyes as you go about it, will you?”