TAKING BALLS

The guy, in front, presumably Trevor, reaches us and looks at me, amused, breaking my wayward thoughts about Hardin. I need to stop thinking about him.

Tessa quit with the staring. At least after he has caught you in the act. I’m aware of a deep blush as I look up to see the gorgeous face closely. His hair fell messily onto his forehead and…

Holy Saint Francis kill me already. Ocean blue eyes. I look into them, and they carry warmth, amusement, yet a whole lot of honesty. They have to be one of the most beautiful eyes. Their shade turns deeper, the longer I look into them and they flicker like a burning candle, radiating life itself.

“This is my son, Trevor Matthews . And Trevor, this is Theresa Young. Her father is currently in London, he was such a helpful member back in the day.”

“Pleasure, Theresa.” He says, fighting the laugh threatening to escape while extending his hand for a shake. He’s laughing at me. Of course. Who wouldn’t?

You go on to do a full body check out on him, stare at his perfect face nevertheless, with an annoying tomato red-face and continue to be flustered even after he knows it all.

I look at Eva and take his hand with a clipped smile. The warm touch ignites an electrifying shock that travels through the entire length of my body, but I try to hide it.

“Just Tessa. And… it’s all mine.” I nod with a smile, retracting my hand but he just grips it tighter. I look at him and he looks like he would crack up any moment now. The only thing more beautiful than him could have been his smile. His lips curve upwards and an adorable dimple erupts on his perfect, sculpted cheek as his chiselled jawline flexes gorgeously.

“Excellent. It’s so good you both met before term even started. You all are surely going to have so much fun at college. With Lily and Hardin and everyone else.”

He loosens the grip slowly and I slip my hand out before tucking my hair behind my ear that has turned hot and red now. Fun. I laugh sardonically inwards. Surely.

That’s when it hits me like a freight train.

“College?” I look at Eva questioningly.

“Yeah, of course, darling. You have a scholarship to St. Stephen’s right? That’s where the boys go too.”

“Uh, boys?” Don’t answer it Eva. Please , don’t answer it.

“Yes, Trevor and Hardin. Best of friends, I tell you.” All colour drains from my face as Eva laughs lightly with a casual shrug. Both of these boys. Okay.

College just got… well, eventful.

I’m standing rooted to my position with a mind unable to decide on the course of further thought and a heart too naïve to still be affected.

It’s gonna be a hell long of a term.

I take one last look at myself in the mirror and decide that this will have to do. I don’t want to be late on my first day of term.

I wish I would’ve woken up sooner. Something I’ve only ever been just wishing, all my life, without actually being able to do it. I pin my hair into a high bun so it doesn’t trouble me throughout the day, but a few traitor tendrils fall off, all along my forehead and the sides of my head, to reach my neck. I sigh, giving up on them, deciding that they’re better this way, and my favourite white shirt beautifully highlights my figure. Or so I hope.