PHOTOGRAPHY ETHICS

“Nice meeting you, but I’m afraid I’m gonna have to take leave. So I guess, until next time? See you around, ladies.” He flashes a full toothy smile at us, keeping a couple of bucks on the table. “And that’s my treat, as promised.”

He leaves as quickly as he had appeared, as I watch his back.

“Well, he seemed nice.” I nod in silent judgement.

“Too nice.” I can literally see her teasing personified and in front of my eyes.

“I’m gonna pretend you didn’t say that.” She takes a sip of her coffee.

The day finally comes to an uneventful close and I can’t wait to get home.

“Uh, Tessa ? I think I might have left my keys in my locker, I’ll just be back, okay?” I nod with an annoyed sigh as I begin waiting in the empty parking lot. I want to lie down on the couch and watch The Ellen Show after a hot shower, dressed in my pyjamas. I’m so tired.

“There you are.” I turn my head sharply at the voice and I have to say, it wasn’t someone I had expected.

“Yes? Do I know you?” She swings her blonde hair and walks closer to me, swaying her hips.

“Obviously you don’t, which is why you have been such a pain today. Sofia. Richman.” A pain? I’m seeing her for the first fudging time today. Has she lost it?

“Nice name, congratulations. And, excuse me.”

“You! What do you think of yourself?” Okay, and now she’s starting to piss me off. I have already had a much eventful day and I’m really not in the mood for annoyance loaded crazy bitches.

“You messed up with the wrong people, okay? First, you’re sticking your face all over Hardin, and then you go ahead to slap him in the middle of the buildi-“

“Yeah well, you know what? I didn’t think I wanted to even award you with a drop of my attention till now, but it seems that you won’t back down without some. I have had one hell of a day and I’m definitely not in the mood for your bullshit. And just so you know the guy came to me, and did whatever it was that he did which really happens to be none of your goddamn business. And yes, if you know that I slapped that assholic favourite of the university aka your personal lollipop of a guy on his pretty little cheek, in the midst of everyone, in the middle of the compound…

What makes you think I won’t do the same in an empty parking lot, to someone in a scanty fabric swaying her hips at me, throwing up absolute crap up my face, holding much less importance in my life anyway?!” I breathe out heavily after my long impending speech, as Victoria Secret stands stupefied, and the moment Lily arrives, I hop into the car without any explanation and she seems to get the hint with an amused proud smile as she gives Victoria Secret the finger.

I slam the door on her painted face and lean my head against the headrest. So much for a simple first day.

*

“Lily, I would really appreciate if the next time we have breakfast, you do not talk about all the snogging and steamy make out sessions with Steve, okay? You don’t do that when someone’s trying to eat, please.”

“Oh come on, it’s not like I’m throwing it on your face. I’m just saying it was, you know, good. Like, really really good.”

“Yes, I’m sure.” Lily had not stopped talking about some brown haired and black eyed Steve since morning. Black eyes as in not because-of-a-bruise black, just because-of-the-iris-is-black black. I doubt black eyes held attraction. Which is why I wasn’t really a big fan of my own pair.