GO ON, WEAR A DRESS

I enter the hall with sudden unmeasured speed and the cold air conditioned smell hits me.

The frustrated, seething face of Sofia Richman is the first thing to catch my eye as she hurries past me, with her heels clicking in the hall bubbling with murmurs.

Why is everybody on a roll today? Was there a special mood ruining seminar that I forgot to attend?

I walk further in and too soon I found two pairs of arms around me and from the familiar cologne, I knew who it was.

“It’s unbelievable!” Trevor has always calmed my nerves like chocolate. But right now, him and his otherwise irresistible pheromones would mess me up even more than I am.

Especially after the moment with Har- No, Tessa don’t even think about him.

That human being dared kiss me without prior warning or permission and had the balls to be cockily rude after that. In spite of all this though, Trevor’s words couldn’t be more accurate. It indeed was unbelievable. Why it happened, how it happened. How it felt.

The moment kept replaying in my mind and his touch still lingered upon my lips.

“Oi. Are you with me?” His question breaks me out of my trance and I look at him with unfathomable intensity. I know the question was casual but it somehow manages to stir something within me. And I almost start to feel bad about the kiss. When did he break the hug?

“Yeah. Sorry, I just zoned out.”

“Well well, it wouldn’t befit the latest chairperson of the Student Council zoning out this frequently now, would it?” My eyes widen at his words and my mouth opens up to form a small ‘o’.

“I am-“

“Elected and appointed the new chairperson, yes you are.” Trevor laughs cheerily at the end, and his eyes are so happy, it almost makes me feel equally so.

At least that explains Victoria Secret’s anger.

“That’s uh-“

I don’t really have much to say about it, considering after the kiss with Hardin, everything else is seeming unimportant.And my mind is still hovering over the reasons for it, the ones that he didn’t give me.

Lily jumps up next at me, pulling me into a bone crashing hug.

“Lily, I ca-n’t bre-athe.”

“OH FUCK, I JUST KNEW IT!  She is too high on energy and excitement and she manages to make me laugh out eventually.

“At least you get to say ‘I told you so’.” I say with a small smile.

“Yes. I told you so.” She flicks her hair in pride and I let out a chuckle.

“How did they vote for me, though? I mean, they barely know me, right?”

“Because obviously everyone is not nearly as stupid as you.”

I roll my eyes and continue to be roped in a long list of congratulations from people, many of whom I don’t even know, followed by Ms. Xavier and Dean Brandon who simply gives me a knowing mysterious smile.

Everyone’s elated by the declaration. While my mind is lost.

“It was so amazing you know, when the results were out, like even Ms. Xavier was ecstatic. Where were you really?”

I had been roaming my eyes all around the room, trying to locate him but to no avail. Lily’s question makes me look back at her.

“Elsewhere.” I say absentmindedly. Is he still here?