PILL FOR A MIGRAINE

“So I had met Steve a month ago, he’s a tech-God, and I’m telling you, such a sweetheart…”

Sweetheart, your self obsession is commendable.

I face palm myself mentally and let out a deep sigh. Why can’t I forget everything? Forget him?

I had literally ran away from the room barely restraining my tears from flowing after I saw the guitar. Lily found me soon after and she got a bit suspicious looking at my disastrous state, all panting for breath and a tear stained face.

But I had somehow managed to escape the enquiry.

That guitar though, has still hasn’t left my mind. And images of Hardin and me together, continue to flood through my head.

“I think it’s getting stuck somewhere. Help me put it in,” Hardin said as I kneeled to remove the part of the guitar that was causing the trouble to zip up the case. I am almost done when I hear his playful voice as he kneels down to my level, his face so close to my own.

“You won’t be able to, let me.” I see a faint amused smile on his face. I hold my breath and find myself mirroring his smile.

“I would have, if only you had been a bit more patient.”

Our fingers brush momentarily and I struggle to fight the erratic heart beat and focus on the task at hand. He is too close for me to think clearly and I’m unable to complete the packing.

Distracting doberman!

“See, that’s how you do it.” The signature arrogant and triumphant smirk was back and all I could do in response, was roll my eyes.

I went ahead to walk on towards the gallery as I hear footsteps behind me. Before I turn to see who it is, I jump up in fear and surprise as a thick mesh of some long rope like substance had suddenly appeared out of thin air and rolled itself around my neck.

What the f!!! Snakes, are they? Shucks!

I shriek out and jump in response.

I look down to find cable wires entangled around my neck and then upwards to find amused chocolate brown eyes of Hardin Scott. I smack his arm, as he laughs. He is a kid. Literally and absolutely, a kid.

“Carry something, come on. I can’t carry everything.” He says with a chuckle and I notice he is indeed carrying his guitar on his back, his backpack in one hand and the mic stand in the other.

“You could have simply told me.”

“Where’s the fun in that?” I shake my head with amusement and I hear his hearty laugh beside me as I take the mic stand from him to help. Kid.

“Tessa we need one more guitar. So just pack up Luke’s and then we start.”

“Yes, sir.”

I walk up to the guitar to find an already standing Hardin trying to hold back his laughter.

“Remember the procedure I taught you earlier, right?”

“Of course, learnt it from the best.” I use my best mocking voice to say that.