HEAVY INVESTMENTS

But my frustrations get the better of me and I leave his shirt with a casual eye roll. I don’t want him to know that I’m desperate. I am, maybe but I’m too proud right now to let him know, especially when he’s intentionally being a prick.

He laughs lightly and the voice is just too much for me to stay mad at him. God, I’m so whipped.

We continue to dance for a long time between both of our laughters and Hardin finally ends it with a final low dip at the end of the beat.

I entwine my hands around his neck tightly and my hair almost touches the ground. There’s a strange giddiness in the air. It’s love, it’s Hardin and it’s us.

A loud hoot breaks out and I laugh out heartily, while he looks down at me with a happy smile himself. He lifts me back up, while still holding me and I look at him, all excited like a child.

“That was super fun! I didn’t know you could salsa.”

“There’s so much you don’t know about me.” He smirks devilishly and I snort amusedly.

Enrique’s Coming Home starts playing. And Hardin forwards his hand, with a small bow. And I laugh before putting one hand in his and the other on his shoulder. He places his on my waist and begins to sway us slowly.

I could get used to this. Hardin, being a romantic gentleman, a playful and a happy teenager who dances with me. I look around to see Lily with Steve romantically close and she sends out a wink. I chuckle.

Hardin has been unbelievable and unpredictable. Everything he always has been, just in a negative sense. I have never been happier. I know I haven’t. My face hurts with smiling so much, and I am so happy I want to cry.

It seems that with every dream I see and every book I read, I try to escape into this space where he wouldn’t be. To live a life, even if it will never be mine.

And I do, I live so many lives, as so many people. But every time, I return, he still remains to be my reality. He still remains Hardin. And he still remains the one I can love like no other.

He’s not safe, no, never. He comes with a sign that screams trouble. The first time I had laid eyes upon him, I had known this is exactly where he’ll be getting me. It’s ironic how I tried to prevent exactly this and humiliating how I watched myself letting it happen to me nevertheless.

He rolls me under our joined hands and then brings me close. I rest my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes, breathing in his scent and he tightens his hold on my waist. The song is beautiful. Enrique is the most underrated artist ever. It almost feels like the lyrics are taunting me. Mocking me for being a coward to run away from… this. From him.

I sing out the words, softly. And it feels good to sing again. It feels, that one by one, I’m starting to get back all I had lost. Music, Hardin and home.

“I don’t wanna wait until it’s over

I don’t wanna wait until it’s gone

I can’t wait until tomorrow

‘Cause I been waiting for so long

So baby I’m coming home, oh oh

Baby I’m coming home”

Hardin is a rollercoaster. You’re going up, and the next minute you’re falling down, screaming for life. I know this.

But I also know that it’s where you’re going to have the time of your life. It’s where you’re going to scream and shout and laugh till you cry. It’s where you’ll feel alive. And it’s where you’ll be… happy.

I pull back, just a little to see his face. He is already looking at me, in an adoring way. I take my time, to examine every inch of his face. His nose has gone slightly red due to the cold, and it looks so cute, that I smile. His hair has fallen over his forehead in that messy way that is ridiculously sexy.

He is wearing a small shy smile, as he watches me watch him. His eyes sparkle with the fire’s reflection. 

I remember all the times Hardin and I have fought, everything we have done to hurt each other and then I think of how he just sang to me moments ago.

And if that isn’t love I don’t know what is. I choose to be happy. I choose to give us a second chance. I am daring to believe once again. For this feels worth it. More, than worth it.

“Hardin. Yes.”

He stills for a moment before widening his eyes in realisation.

“Really?” He starts to smile, but pauses in between with a frown.

“Wait, first confirm it. We are talking about what I’m thinking, right?” I laugh and kiss his cheek lightly.

“No we’re talking about the stock market, I was thinking of investing.”

He smiles out a full boyish grin, his eyes excited and I nod in return. His dimpled happiness is all the assurance I need to know this is the right decision to make. Whatever mess we make, we’ll sort it out. But that smile, I would do anything in the world for it to stay.

I rest my head against his shoulder once again, inhaling his minty cologne and familiar scent. He is as good as the stock market and I’m as good as investing by trusting him. I don’t know how things would turn out, but right now, I know there’s no other way I’d rather have it.

He holds my back and I look at the fire, silently hoping I made the right choice.

“You’re looking good.”

I hear his soft voice as his chest vibrates with the sound.

“So are you. Coffee really enhanced the black. Except of course the sleeves.” I smirk though I know he can’t see me. But I can feel him smile against my hair.

“They look better when rolled up to the elbows.” They had fallen down during the vigorous salsa moves and I had not failed to notice it.

Hardin lets out an adorable laugh and leaves me instantly. He rolls up his sleeves while I giggle and takes me back into his embrace again, not wasting even a single second. This time, keeping both his hands on my waist and I throw mine around his neck.

“There.”

“There.”

“Happy? I freeze. My smile falters a little. And my eyes moisten.

“Happy.”

This is what I wanted. It’s Hardin. It’s true I’m happy. Of course I’m happy. And that too after a long wait. The last time I was happy was-

You ruined my favourite hoodie. Tshirt. Tell me what’s next?

When I say run, run.

Oh God, I wish it hadn’t ended so soon!

It doesn’t have to. Yet.

Anything.

Who isn’t absolutely in love with love.

What’s the story behind Tessa and Hardin?

Lily uses Mendes’ lyrics. But it would seem that certain blue eyes are indeed holding Tessa back.

Anyone else missing Trevor?

Like, vote, comment.