Raptors academy

"wake up" a pillow was thrown at my head. I grumbled as I stood up, I was rather grateful today that yesterday's cock forgot to crow. Kate was standing beside my bed fully dressed for school. Her hair was tied into a tight ponytail  leaving only a strand of hair by her left ear loose .
"Well are you gonna get up and prepare for school or will you just stare the whole day", she squinted her brows to make her seem more angrier
"Ok Cinderella" I chuckled as I entered the bathroom
"10 minutes and we will leave , so unless you want to find yourself a way to the academy , feel free to take your time in there" I heard her stomping away. Jeez, I wasn't even planning on going with them. Either way I still had to be admitted with Uncle Stark by my side and since Uncle Stark  was Kate's ride, I was obviously making her late . I quickly cleaned up, dressed and headed outside in a span of seven minutes. I was even surprised at my speed today, a roadway to change, I was thrilled .
"Hey Sam, your dad left a package for you at the garage yesternight" uncle Stark said a cup of tea held in his hands. I stared out of the window to the garage, only to see it covered in black polythene. I had no choice but to head out Kate following closely behind me.
A bike? Wow dad. I scanned  the black motorcycle  in front of me. It was a race edition , very tough tires and a powerful engine at that. I was thrilled.
" What the hell? I thought it was a bicycle" Uncle Stark said "you are not riding that"he said firmly
" Excuse me sir? "I couldn't help but stand in front of it protectively
"You don't even know how to ride it" he shrugged
"Thanks for the concern but I'm very good with bikes... " I said politely which was something way out of my comprehension.
"You have a license?" he asked
"I'll apply for one after  Sunday" I retorted.
Uncle Stark seemed to be in a deep mental debate" fine, try to catch up"
I felt that it was funny hearing  a 'catch up' from a man with a black saloon car. I would leave him in a cloud of dust but I wouldn't just say it loud, would I?
"Dad can I ride with ...."
"Nope" uncle Stark rudely interrupted Kate
"Have a great first day" meryln handed me .... packed breakfast
"Thanks" I smiled genuinely then followed uncle Stark who had already left on his car
We might have followed a short cut since we reached the highway in less than five minutes. Uncle Stark was even surprised I was driving side by side with him. If only he knew I was holding everything back not to fly on the bike he would probably choke on his saliva.
After a short drive in the highway we entered a driveway branching to the left which had signboard with a green dinosaur head drawn on it . At this moment , I could see students heading the direction and since I wore a helmet, no one seemed to pay attention to me.
It wasn't long before we reached the large school gate , Raptors academy written on it. A large number of students were entering the academy , a number larger than all the other schools I had been . It was insanely noisy too. Where did these kids go to yesterday because the town wasn't that filled, where did they live? I doubted the town's apartment would be able to house the lot of them.
I was required to register at the gate since I came on bike so as to enable my bike's safety.
"See you around" Kate left after we had parked at the parking lot. She disappeared in the sea of green and white uniforms.
"Follow me" uncle Stark said then led me to what I believe was the admission block. The number of stares I was now getting was alarming. I did my best to keep up with my short stepped uncle and also avoid ripping the eyes of these kids. Didn't they have something better to do? Catch a fly or something.
"Stay respectful here, it's for your own good" uncle Stark warned and from some of queer looks I was getting, he was probably right.
I wouldn't want to be gang mobbed by these town students, they seemed more threatening than kids at my previous school.
After entering a block with no students, I heaved a sigh of relief,  at least inside here I wasn't a magnet for stares.
We approached a row of offices with name tags on them then we reached at last on the principal's office , Principal Ruttolf. Uncle Stark knocked the door twice before a lady opened it. 

"we should take the proposals to the next committee meeting" the lady said retreating back to the seat opposite the principal. "Detective Stark , to what do I owe the pleasure" the middle-aged principal stood up with a smile. "you don't have to get up," uncle stark laughed. " I'm actually here to ........" the principal sent a scanning gaze on me.