Alpha?

On Sunday afternoon when I was driving back from the mall, I almost hit Wellington in an accident. Can you believe he did that just to meet me? I was beginning to think he was a person who cared more about the endgame than his risky plans .

I sighed as I drove off the highway into the nearest growth.
"What?"
"Hello again.....This is the case, Shaman pack is breaking and becoming more vulnerable to outside threats" he said
" How is that my concern? " I shrugged
" There's no pack without an alpha"
" Again, how is that any of my concern? " I frowned
" No one can be the alpha, being stronger than everyone doesn't necessarily prove you can be the alpha.... "
" I think you are talking to the wrong person" I prepared to leave.

" Wait...... You must have the blood to lead..... some of us were born just to serve, some to protect and some to lead. None of the pack members can lead" he looked at me pleading.
" It just bugs me that the whole pack is in a carefree mode, just a bunch of wolves with no leashes. We don't even conduct patrols anymore, it won't be long before it falls again.... "

I remained silent whilst contemplating, I didn't care a dime about joining a pack, let alone being it's alpha. But thinking of it, maybe the pack had ideas on the wherebouts of the vampires' territory. It would be to our mutual benefit if we both gained something, the pack get their leader, I get to take my revenge. Being their leader seemed to be the best course of action considering my plan which was without any leads. I could dig out some useful information while at the pack, maybe get some werewolves willing to escort me to the vampires.

"Can you please stop tapping my window, you'll break it" I looked at wellington who was behaving so nervously as if I was the only option remaining. He stopped then looked at me expectantly.
"Okay.... I'll come" I said
" You..... you will?" he stuttered
I nodded my head
" But the next time you want to meet someone don't just stand waving in the middle of the highway.." I shot him a fake angry look. Wellington was currently all over himself with excitement.
"I'll go make arrangements alpha...."
"Not yet" I interrupted
"Soon , tonight" he said before shifting . He ran deeper into the forest. Again, he was the riskiest person I've ever met. He was always somehow right about his risky plans and he believed nothing could go wrong. Like right now, he just shifted beside the highway with less cover but no one saw him, his timing was perfect.

I drove back home to deliver the shopping I was sent to do by Meryln. She was still angry at my behaviour at her boss's office. She didn't tell Uncle Stark but she was still angry. Today's errand was my punishment for not respecting the elders, I could as well be grounded if she didn't have a soft spot for me.