Dawn of a new century

" This is the alpha you guys said?"  the vampire who punched me laughed out loudly.  Nine vampires  had sorrounded me.
" I don't want any trouble with you " I said clenching my jaw. This vampire was really fast that I didn't see how the punch came by.
" I only came for Claire's dad"

" Oooh" the man feigned a pitiful expression " you were her boyfriend?"
" Arnold said she was a keeper" he chuckled
" Keep her out of this" I growled.
I took a deep breath then prepared to leave.

" Her blood I heard was sweet , I wonder if your sweet sister's..."
Well that pretty much set me aflame . I growled loudly as I shifted midair. Like a meteor, I shot towards the dead vampire, he was double dead to me for threatening my family. He might  have missed my large canines but my paws didn't miss. My paws crushed his chest right through the earth. I used my canines to rip his head out of his body emotionlessly. It didn't even bother me that his blood tasted like blood saturated with salt. I turned at the other vampires and issued a warning growl. I didn't intend on killing but this man had provoked me. If any of them attacked me , they would face the same fate.

I thought they would retreat but they did the exact opposite. They came at me as one fangs ablaze. With their speed, it was hard to miss the claws of the vampires. But I kinda predicted every of their moves so I missed most of them. I had the advantage in strength. I crashed one's head on a stone by roughly stepping on him. I ripped one apart as easy as ripping a rag doll. After I had bit another one's head the remaining vampires retreated.

My blood was heated and my wolf felt the need to draw more blood. I chased after them but since their forte was speed I only managed to keep up with the last one lagging behind. I pounced on him pressing his body under my enomous weight until his ribs cracked. I was going to continue the chase when I realized I was falling into their trap. They were leading me straight into their hive. I halted then turned back .

I ran towards our pack as a waves of fatigue and dizziness hit me. I felt pain in my hindflank, the feeling of something eating through your skin. I was bit. It was getting numb every moment but I was almost reaching out territory. I couldn't feel it at all, it reached a moment when I couldn't control it anymore. I missed a step which sent me crashing on roots, branches, trees and anything in my path. Luckily, by the time the momentum stopped , I was in our territory.

"Logan, send wellington to my office" I mind linked the patrol leader who was heading over.
" We had a commotion, are you alright?"
" Just increase the number of patrols.... I'm fine" I said then shifted to human. The skin around my thigh was purplish in color, it seemed like it was rotting. I limped towards a box with spare clothes.

My car was outside the pack house signifying Claire's parents arrived safely. I was shot curious looks when I entered, my bruised body brought a lot of questions. As I thought how I broke the treaty, I felt like I had failed them as a leader. Things are about to get rough for my pack.

"What the heck happened?" Wellington shrieked upon seeing me. I took a bottle of water from the fridge in the office then gulped it whole.
"We need to have an urgent meeting " I sat down.
" You look injured"
" Right now, it's urgent" I said then spurted out a mouthful of black blood. Wellington looked at me worriedly then went outside. He came back with Victoria's mom. I glared at Wellington who just shrugged.

It only took one look from the woman for her face to turn to horror.
" A vampire bite" she mummered . Though she more of whispered it, the other seven men in the room heard it pretty well.
" A vampire bit you?" Wellington smiled
What the hell?
" Uhm! is it funny" I asked
" It kills in thirty minutes and yet you are still alive... I'm so happy for you....."
" Show me the bite" the nurse interrupted. I teared a patch on my thigh revealing a bite mark, the purple skin was no more. I was suprised. According to the pack nurse and Wellington, that was unheard of. If the bite wasn't treated immediately, death was inevitable. But healing on itself?
" It'll speed up the healing" she gave me a small white tablet. I swallowed it then proceeded to look at everyone in the room.

Wellington, my beta, Logan the patrol leader, Sheld and Miss the twins and the pack trainers, Jake , Lucas and Derrick all of whom were leaders of our small army.
" Mr woods and Cassandra were brought here? " I asked
" Mr woods is in our informatory , his wife is being taken care of" the nurse answered.
" I'll take my leave, " she said then left us.

" I was provoked and forced to kill five vampires.... four of them escaped" I said immediately the room was left to ourselves
" I'm guessing they won't let this go easily" I added
" The treaty is broken?" Lucas shrieked
" Pretty much, I kinda had to go into their territory to save my girlfriend's dad..." I replied solemnly. The room went silent  as everyone fell into deep thought.

" Just say what you want to say, I'm obligated to hear you out" I said finally .
" The pack will want to know the reason why the treaty was broken" Derrick hesitated before speaking his mind out. He was right, and I was prepared.

" Logan?....make sure the patrols are done as frequently as possible. Every werewolf must be in the pack house before 8 o'clock at night. Sheld and Muss, I want you to train the warriors harder. The rest of you make sure the pack is prepared for the worst. I want it's defenses a notch higher."
" And just to be clear, the pack isn't going to war, these are just measures meant to protect us when it comes to it. It's my responsibility and I'll handle it my way. ...you may leave"  I said. The men nodded and left my office except for wellington who remained at my order.
" The pack's probably has gotten wind over the matter, organize a meeting right now"

Wellington lingered by the door for a second
" Whatever you decide, I'm with you" he said before disappearing.