Vampires

" The autopsy results are out.... and the officers are deeply sorry for arresting you. You can take your things by the reporting desk " Uncle Stark said unlocking the door to my cell. I was put in my own cell because the people arrested here feared me.  I didn't sleep well last night , I spent it thinking and thinking.
"Who's the killer?" I asked getting up.
" The officers are yet to ID him but we have a sketch" uncle Stark looked around sneakily then opened for me a file. It contained pictures of Claire , two bite marks on the side of her neck.

Uncle Stark saw my stern expression and quickly turned over the pictures to reveal a sketch.
" Stupid bastard"  I cursed angrily as I scanned it.
" You know him?"
" Ashley's fiance," I spat as my temperature started to rapidly rise
" I've seen him before"
" Here in Tenac?" Uncle Stark asked
" The night I had an accident... he attacked me" I said. Uncle Stark seemed to have found a clue
" Your car is in the warehouse just across the street from here, I'll take it from here" he said before leaving.

I chuckled as I drove off to the hospital, I had a better chance of finding the killer than the authority. Dr George should have a good idea where her daughter was locked up. Did she have her fiance kill Claire? Or was that guy just trying to get to me?. I will soon find answers. Actually,  I didn't mind about attending school, there were greater forces at work in this world which school couldn't teach. Furthermore, I had mind reading gift, it was so hard to fail.

I coincidentally found Meryln at the front desk
" I heard what happened, I'm so sorry" she hugged me.
" I'm fine" I said " Is Dr. George there?" I straight forwardly asked.
" Yeah...why?"
" I have an appointment" I said. Meryln looked at me weirdly then offered to walk me to his office. Though she remained silent, her mind was screaming how changed I have become recently. She covered it in her typical smile.
" I'll be over there if you need anything"

I was preparing to knock on the door but the doctor's voice beat me to it.
" Come in"
He knew what I was so he treaded softly.
" Have a seat, he said almost respectfully. He was a kind person , he viewed me with respect. I liked that about him.
" Where's Ashley?" I asked even before the question registered on my mind.
" Home" he replied
" Not locked up?"  .... " Is she okay?"
" She will be" he sighed
" I want to see her" I said sternly.
" I'll need to arrange it"
" Arrange it? Isn't she your daughter? " I squinted my eyes
" The vampires won't take it too well" .

Vampires? I was mentally struck. They exist?. Ashley? his brothers?.....the vallens? ...all of them. That's the big secret that got Claire killed?  blood sucking creatures of the night?. WOW!
The doctor? I looked at him warily. He really didn't look like one. Had I not been a werewolf, the next scene would have freaked me out completely. Dr George's eyes became blood red his canines lengthening to a pair of fangs. He regained his normal expression almost at the same instant.

" One of the vampires killed my girlfriend, your daughter's fiance" I said not scared at all. Infact, it made my blood start to boil with expectation.
" That guy isn't her betrothed" the doctor answered " he forces himself on her "
My intent to kill the man doubled.
" I must kill him" I said out loudly
" There's still much you need to know...you can't just kill a vampire anymore" he replied
" Well you shouldn't worry about that....it's my problem. My girlfriend was killed and I will settle the odds"  I stood up and gripped the edges of my chair.

" He was ordered to...she found.."
" You mean my girlfriend was sentenced to death for nothing more than a secret?" I shouted at him my rage starting to build up. Dr George remained silent but he became more cautious.
" Ordered to?" I shouted smashing the chair against the wall.
" Thanks for your help doc" I spat then headed outside. Meryln was standing just by the door as she stared speechless at me .

I didn't get much from the doctor, only that the vampires were about fifty in number. About half the number of werewolves. I got the killer's name, Arnold. He was Duke Vlad's son, the leader of the vampires. I didn't get any location of their home . I dialed uncle Stark's number then gave him the name of the killer. He was going to ask me  how I got it but I hung up immediately.

I stayed on the low for the rest of the week as we planned her funeral. I put every plan I had on finding her killer on hold until she was laid to rest. I was a dangerously easy to piss off person during that time, more of a mine tripwire. She was buried on a Saturday at the church's cemetery.