Unexpected visit

At 2 pm, uncle stark drove me back home after a quick lunch at a restaurant. He said he had important matters to attend to at the sheriff station. After a quick shower, I decided on watching an action movie from the 90's. I never liked old movies but this particular one got my attention. The starring person was a boy withered by poverty, certainly the lowest level of human that ever lived. What caught my interest about him wasn't the fact that he had risen to become one of the most powerful influential man in the society but how he managed to reach at the apex of human society, the process. He was fearless, daring, kind, and generous and the quality I found most impressing about him and coincidentally mine too, he was really quick to anger, he forever repaid kindness with good and bad actions with twice the bad.

I was captivated by the movie I forgot about my weird dream, I only thought of it as a dream only. Time flew fast I hadn't noticed that 6 pm had already reached; I just stared at the television like a wooden chicken, not even blinking a moment. The door was knocked twice which succeeded in distracting my attention for a split second "they are not home" I shouted lazily whilst rewinding the movie, I didn't even want to miss any second of the movie. I folded my legs comfortably expecting the person to leave.

"Sam?" a familiar melodious voice sounded that made me pause the movie then sprint to the door. I straightened my shirt then took a deep breath to calm myself before I opened the door. " Ashley?" I tried to hide the excitement from my voice but my glittering eyes betrayed me. She slightly smiled playfully. She wore an expensive orange –flowered white dress and flats; she looked really pretty and cute. "Uhm....why...why are you here?" I stuttered suddenly feeling weak. If I could just hug her, I wondered. "I heard you were sick, I came to visit." Ashley replied absent mindedly while scanning me from head to toe. Somebody coughed which made me suddenly discern the presence of two students and a girl behind Ashley. They were her friends from school.

"Aren't you going to invite us in?" one of the boys asked smiling. "Sorry, come in" I chuckled disconcerted." What can I get you?" I sauntered to the fridge. "Blood" the boy sputtered making my eyes widen with horror. "Blood red wine. He means blood red wine..." Ashley quickly added "yeah....they are always soooo delicious compared to the other ones" the other girl supported. I turned to look at the boy who was covering his mouth like it was just a slip of his wording. The other boy with an overly serious expression only grunted then sat. I noticed that he was the most silent one; I just never spoke since they arrived. "ok" I rolled my eyes then went back to what I was doing.

I just hope Uncle Stark won't miss his red wine, he probably will never realize it was missing. He had a lot of them stacked on the lower cabinet. I took one of the bottles, Hitler 92 then served my guests. "It was really nice of you guys to drop by" I smiled. Not that I was really grateful, but I just had a good impression to build on Ashley. "Ashley talked us to it" the boy who was overly serious replied. "He's Miguel" Ashley pointed out. "That's Robert" she indicated at the next boy who was all smiles. "And I am Amelia" the other girl introduced herself. "I also wanted to introduce myself" Robert grumbled. "He's such a talker, you'll get used to him" Amelia said gazing at me, her eyes never wandering away for a moment. The way she looked at me made me flinch uncomfortably. "Amelia..." Ashley whispered silently but slightly coldly. Amelia only winked at me then turned back at her glass.

"How's the wine?" I asked to relieve the girls of the tension that had started to arise with no reason. Amelia sipped her wine with a teasing smile, "so good, don't you think, Robert?" Robert all but passed the wine glass over his nose then reluctantly nodded with a forced smile. The television channel changed to a wildlife one, I squinted my brows. The remote was just in my hind pocket. I suspiciously turned to Ashley who was twirling the remote as if she did just nothing. "At least I can feast with my eyes" Robert chuckled and concentrated on the TV. Something about them I couldn't place quite correctly, the wine from their glasses didn't recede an inch, they even seemed to be talking in tongues. And how does Ashley manage to do that, always mysteriously having my things on her hands. The most surprising thing was that I never remembered if I gave her anything.

"uhm....." I chortled embarrassedly "Ashley? Do you perhaps have some sort of superpowers .....?" The trio looked at me weirdly which made me cough uncomfortably. "Taking things from others?" I continued nevertheless. I know I sounded weird but I needed answers, things just couldn't move by themselves. That was similar to opposing gravity. Miguel looked at Ashley then at Robert who was muffling a laughter, he looked like he was having the hardest time holding it in. I even began to think maybe I was just a bit crazy. " Does superman exist?" Robert questioned , I shook my head" no" " precisely, would you believe someone can shoot lazers from their eyes let alone move things at will, pfft...." He chuckled" dude, that kitchen fall really fucked up your head. I think you misplaced a tiny memory nerve" he then burst out laughing so hard I could see his eyes redden. He went as far as hugging the angry Miguel, Robert could get smacked any moment.

" You don't remember leaving the remote here?" Ashley pointed at the couch. Ok cool, now I'm officially crazy, why did I even think that in the first time. I heard a car pull over outside, I was sure it was Uncle Stark. " We should leave" Miguel stood up almost immediately

" Can't you stay longer?" I asked Ashley directly but it clearly seemed Miguel was the one with the most authority around.

"It's late..we have some business to attend to" Miguel started for the door Amelia and Robert following suit.

"We have thirty minutes till seven," Ashley pleaded at Miguel." I'll owe you one" she continued. At this moment the door barged open revealing Uncle Stark who was dragging a large trolley of beverages mostly beers. His expression turned to that of surprise when he saw Ashley and her friends. " To what do I owe the pleasure Mr Miguel" he smiled respectfully at Miguel which made me wonder what the heck was going on. Uncle Stark looked way older than Miguel but he still had to act that respectfull. Who was Miguel? Mr Miguel

" We came to check on Sam" Miguel said

"My nephew, " Uncle stark looked at me proudly " Please stay for dinner...I'll immediately inform my wife to come over" he turned to Miguel then started dialing his phone. " We were already leaving, we have important matters to attend to" Miguel gave a curt smile. " The wine was splendid" Robert chipped in on his way out though their glasses were untouched.

"See you tomorrow," Ashley murmured unwillingly then followed the trio outside. I just wished I could spend an alone time with her, longer time.