The supernatural treaty

Tuesday night in my office at the pack, I was seated with Wellington as he updated me on the needs of the pack. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't get what my beta said.
"What do you know about the vampires?" I interrupted him
" We have coexisted with them for over a century.... "
He frowned wondering where I was going with the question
" A century?.... how? " I asked
" The supernatural treaty keeps us from attacking each other ... "
I nodded at him to continue explaining.

" The witches, vampires and werewolves were at constant  wars long ago. There were lots of bloodshed , many people died everyday until one day they decided on making a pact. Each species appointed twelve leaders to represent them in a large council meeting ...... "
I wondered if the twelve delegates I met in my vision were the same ones Wellington was mentioning.
" They agreed on a treaty to keep us from each other. No one was to attack the other species without the council's permit. Every dispute between the species were solved there. We are not allowed to cross into other's territory without their consent.... "
" Why did eric have a witch locked down there" I asked
" The council didn't know about it, and that guy wanted to control the witches of this area so he had him kidnapped secretly" wellington sighed bitterly. I recalled his sacrifice so that I would save her grand daughter.

" What's their numbers!? "
" The witches are about twice a dozen not much. They have their own coven located some distance away from the town. "

After all these information, I understood why dr George needed to arrange me seeing her daughter. He was afraid of breaking the century old treaty. So did everyone else. So didn't that mean that I couldn't exact my revenge for Claire?... ridiculous. I will if it meant going against it.

I slept in deep though that night. I was an alpha of one of the numerous packs in Europe and I was faced with a difficult decision. This development really messed up my plan, I became an alpha to take my revenge only to realize I couldn't because of a treaty.