Gift of nature

Saturday morning. I woke up energized and jumpy. I did all my laundry which I never do, I cleaned the house, sparkling clean, I mowed the lawn, cooked breakfast for me and Kate but I still felt like I had to do something.   After breakfast, I went to clean my car and the garage , I paved our driveway and dusted our roof. I repainted the house anew and planted flowers. I did the dishes, ironed the dried clothes, rearranged my room almost thrice without getting tired.

A crazy idea hit me, why don't I go run around in the forest. I won't be seen since the area is practically tree infested. Let out my wolf and run around, check my speed limit, I smirked not yet realizing how dangerous the expedition would get. I left home at noon and drove to the forest. I headed deeper through a rough patch until I reached an unpassable place. I parked my car beside a certain tree.

The forest was very peaceful, it's rich scent very enticing I felt like shifting already. I undressed then threw my clothes inside my car. After I locked my car, I placed the keys under the front tyre. Shifting this time wasn't as overwhelming as the night before, it was smooth and took less time. I felt free, like I was meant to be here. I've never felt more free in my life. I stretched all angles I could think of, rolled over on the dirt, cackled all just to impress myself.

I made a lower stance and prepared to take off into the forest. My claws dug into the dirt as I sprinted off, I felt as light as a feather as fast as the wind. I felt excited, this was much better than doing house chores. It was impossible to believe something this large could be so fast at the same time. I wove in between trees, jumped over bushes, fell over and rolled sometimes but I didn't seem to get hurt at all. My wolf playing insticts ignited when I caught the scent of a hard. As embarrassing as it would sound, I didn't  manage to catch even one. I was always outrunning them, pouncing way ahead of them.

I grew tired after some time and thirsty. My tongue rolled itself out no matter how hard I tried to hold it in my mouth. I felt stupid. I now walked to a nearby stream I overheard while playing, I was tired even of jogging. I laughed at how my large tail bounced left and right behind my butt. A month ago, I would never have believed that one day I would be a big golden wolf. I hesitated by the stream debating whether to drink the water or not, maybe it was infected and dirty. What am I thinking? I quickly bent over to lap the water, it didn't taste dirty at all, just cold and refreshing.

Suddenly, a twig snapped behind me. My ears perked up. I immediately turned my head around. What first hit me wasn't the sight that presented itself before me, but the scents of about a dozen animals. They smelled wolf. I crouched low as a low growl escaped my throat, about a dozen wolves made themselves visible. They weren't as large as me but they weren't small either. I deciphered that they weren't just normal wolves, they were werewolves. They growled as they made to sorround me, very intelligent, definitely not just wolves. I let out a loud growl intentionally...